Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Wheres everyone off too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheres everyone off too?

Where are you all fishing this weekend then?

I'm off to the AT Winter League on the New Junction Canal at Barnby Dunn - should be some good weights this week as unlike you southeners we have enough water up here to allow everyone to have two pegs ie a free peg either side..
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

no winter league commitments

Wolves AA match the bays at Penderford £10 all in might catch some propper bream

Comment

If possible can everyone try and report some of the results of the matches they go too - or perhaps give the match organisers the URL of the results service and tell them they can get free publicity of their matches by posting on here.
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

First winter league match at JCB lakes sunday, its gonna be hard!!!
        Roll on friday

Comment

Same as you Simon,should be good,but the word is that some areas are going to be rock hard....With this in mind John Illingworth went early in the week to one of the rumoured hard bits just to see "how hard",after 1 hour 45 mins. he had 4 perch and 1 roach for about 3oz.....after 5 hours he had......
          17lb+,nearly all quality roach with a few decent perch.

Comment

Off to one off the hardest venues(so Ive been told)in the midlands Grounds Farm Wishaw

Comment

I am on Birmingham Civils waters again for a silver fish only match, means the waggler rod and that winder thingy will get an airing, size 22 hooks, 0.06 bottom, no good hanging on to them carp, that seem to avoid me in an all in match but be present in great numbers for this match .
              No problems putting the result up as Kingfisher is well versed in that art

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Birmingham Civil Service Silver fish match

No reason why we shouldn't have a silver fish record! Best conditions we've had for this one!!
                John - Kingfisher
                Talk Angling Senior Member
                Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

6 days of fishing for me,woohoo !!!!!

Festival at Ian Heap's Holgan Farm.Alternate days of opens and festival days.The fishing has been hard at Holgan of late, but the craic is always top-notch. Really, really looking forward to it.

Look here for a link to the results next weekend. ( or even a daily up date if poss)

Comment

Originally posted by ridgeacre
                    Off to one off the hardest venues(so Ive been told)in the midlands Grounds Farm Wishaw

ridgeacre i use to fish ground farm a few years back? when they had the open matches on there (do you know if they are running them again)
                    haven't been down there for some time it used to fish really well?
                    please let me know how you get on and what lake you fish?
                    i used to like the heron (i think that was the name) before he took the big fish out and put them in to the turn lake and made it a specimen lake?
                    all the best dave

Comment

Work

Comment

Wouldnt bother mate 6lb 8ozs won our match three small carp, total crap loads of dry nets did hook three carp but having to come down in B/S and small hooks to get a bite cracked off,couldnt even get the roach to have a go.Tried everything.Wont be going again might as well have fished the cut would have had more fish.

Comment

What pool was you on Frank?

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Second round of the West Middx WL on the canal at Three Locks

Same peg as last week will do me fine....Won't frame, but as close to a guaranteed section pick up as you're likely to find anywhere (said he, tempting providence....)

Comment

Warkshire winter league on Walsall canal in tipton.

Comment

Working...
                              X