Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Conti seat boxes ( BEST ONE )?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conti seat boxes ( BEST ONE )?

Can anyone tell me what the best continental seat box would be to buy as i am looking for a new one, i would prefer one with at least four draws and space in the bottom for tackle, i need to know which are good value and which to stay away from??????

Whats your budget, is weight a consideration as some boxes weigh a ton empty, do you prefer front draws or side draws, there are as you know so many options, do you fish mainly commercials or rvers and canals.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

mainly commercials and canals but am looking to get on a few rivers aswell, just started fishing again after 10 year gap and need to know which best all rounder, ie, is ftront drawer best etc

Comment

Most prefer side draw as your legs dont get in the road, if you are planning a few river sessions I would avoid the latest Milo or Rive boxes as they are heavy when empty, although Rive do a simple box that additional draw/tray units can be purchased and attached as needed, I am looking for a new box myself and have narrowed it down to either a Matchbox Pyramid or a Plattforms Box both suberb quality the Matchbox range is a bit more flexible and again bits can be added, Have a look here http://www.talkangling.co.uk/matchbox.htm

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

looked at the matchbox but the legs have put me off because of the square metal feet, they look to rigid, so on unlevel; ground will it move and slip or bend the legs.
          Also i like the rive boxes that you can add on trays to( not the new rive with the big metal arms on the side, cant see the point of the new rive boxes)
          Price range looking at £300 ish.
          Thanks for your help

Comment

go for the Plattforms uk seat box, well made, no plastic catches to snap and no heavier than any of the others out there, for best deal give Fosters of Birmingham a ring they stock all the range and extras

Comment

thanks for advice.
              Also i would like to get involved with match fishing again, i was the local junior champion at my club, it was only a small club though.
              The club is no longer going so i dont know how to get involved in matches anymore.
              I am based in cheshire so any clubs in east cheshire or north staffs or open matches in these areas would be a help

Thanks

Comment

go to badger international for some good deals for seat boxes
                :D I'll fish anytime and anywhere (as you can see).:D

Comment

brilo all the way!!

Comment

ratneck ,I have the match box just cut the plates off and fit octoplus feet.As Brian as said they can be purchased in any format,good box

Comment

boss

my wife has just got me a boss box(modulator 7) for christmas. i got it early.

Comment

New member here so hello all.

Not wishing to hijack this thread but I'm also on the lookout for a replacement for my 25 yr old Shakespeare plastic box (!) but, as one of those strange folks that like to fish rivers I'm looking for something I could, in theory anyway, carry for a reasonable distance. Most of the all-singing, all-dancing modern seatbox systems look a bit heavy and bulky for that sort of thing.

Any suggestions for a strong, lightweight seatbox? Matchbox msx looks like a possibility - they're one of the few seatbox systems advertised where the weight of the box is given.

Cheers, Tony

Comment

Originally posted by The_doc
                          brilo all the way!!
                          I agree I've had a brilo box for 5 years (got it off a mate who'd also had it about 5 years) and its still going strong. The best bit, I contacted Brilo about a new seat and a folding footplate, they couldn't do enough to help me and even said that if I was within traveling distance and I could take it down they'd sort out my requirements whilst I waited so I would'nt have to be without my box.

Thats the difference good customer service

Comment

I agree its got to be Brilo. Absolutely rock solid and bombproof. If they are good enough for A S then they must be good. I,m on my second and its top class.

Comment

The Rive is by far the best box I have ever had, it is rock solid and the adjusters for the legs are big enough that even with wet hands they operate easily, plus you can make it as light as you want by just keeping all your canal gear in one section and commercials stuff in another - it is magic!
                              Simon Young
                              Admin
                              Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                              web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Working...
                              X