Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Winter silvers gb mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter silvers gb mix

Hi all
    I'm going to be fishing more silvers dominated matches
    this winter and I was looking for some ground bait mixes that may suit the lake I'm fishing!

The venue is 7' to 8' deep with a good head of roach,IDE and perch and carp,but it's the silvers that I would like to target as the carp become very hard to catch during the winter and tuck themselves away in heavy beds of Norfolk reed.

I mainly use chopped worm and caster,sometimes maggot or pinkies

So I need a mix that will attract all of these species

Cheers scott
    Scottmckenzie furniture&kitchens

My personal favourite for all round silvers, on lakes... Where you can get away with a bit of feed is
    Scotthorne G5 2 thirds, 1third Lake.. Change the G5 for G5 dark if it's clear...
    Effort = Reward.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Ian,I will look into that one

Anyone else
      Scottmckenzie furniture&kitchens

Comment

My favourite low feed is 50% black lake added to 50% damp leam, but I'm not going to dis Mr Scotthorne.
        I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
        He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Originally posted by jethro View Post
          My favourite low feed is 50% black lake added to 50% damp leam, but I'm not going to dis Mr Scotthorne.
          Superb mix, it's exactly my winter canal mix.. But the guy asked for a mix for a lake...
          Effort = Reward.

Comment

Sensas match blend . mixed Sensas lake.

Comment

Originally posted by dunk View Post
              Sensas match blend . mixed Sensas lake.
              another vote

Comment

Originally posted by ian_kent View Post
                Superb mix, it's exactly my winter canal mix.. But the guy asked for a mix for a lake...
                Yes I'm aware of the question, I still would use this mix with perhaps a touch of grey leam for binding in deeper water if your venues will take more feed then perhaps a bigger percentage of groundbait. I normally fish shallower venues than 8' but deeper waters I would stay with the same mix just a little more stiff. The main thing for me is less feed.
                I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Ringers original and green ss 50/50......next to no feed content

Comment

Sensas sweet fishmeal Magic 3000,or sweet fishmeal Lake 3000

Comment

Working...
                    X