Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

match tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• match tips

i fished my first silver fish match on sunday and i came 6th out of 10, that is'nt bad for my first match, but can you give me any advice for fishing for silver fish.
    :D I'll fish anytime and anywhere (as you can see).:D

well done mate try fishing shallow caster pinkie usually good for few fish you can use head of a worm to resemble a caster

Comment

liquidised n punch

Comment

What type of venue where you fishing? People will be able to provide a bit more info.

Comment

I have had good results fishing punch on all types of venues, it will catch anything. If you're getting silly un-hittable bites on a big punch go down a few sizes ind you will find out what fish are in your swim

Comment

have had good results fishing punch on all types of venues, it will catch anything. If you're getting silly un-hittable bites on a big punch go down a few sizes ind you will find out what fish are in your swim

sound advice

Comment

Yes Max tell us a bit more about the venue your fishing and we will get you a win!
              Simon Young
              Admin
              Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
              web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

i fished in a venue which is deep in the middle and quite shallow in the margins, but in the margins there a loads of little perch should i go for them or go for the roach a bit further out. people are telling me about punch but what is it and how do i make it/ buy it
                Last edited by Marcus; 17 October 2006, 09:10 PM.

Comment

What sort of venue is it? A small lake, Large Lake, Canal, River, Drain. How many pegs. What are the target fish? How deep in the middle, how deep in the margins.

Answer the above, then we can all point you in the right direction.

Comment

Punch - bread punch. There are many articles available (including one by Fed Davies in the Articles section on here) on the web. Your best bet is to watch a good punch angler in action and then politely ask your questions. It isn't the easiest method to master but can catch you fish when other methods are not working. It has often been said that learning to fish the punch is a solid training ground as you will learn other methods more quickly. Give it a go - you will not be disappointed!

Comment

the venue is a medium size lake and it is oval shape, in the middle it is about
                      12ft deep(very deep) and the margins are about 2-3ft deep and there are about 20 pegs. there are loads of perch in the margins and roach just under the surface and on the bottom an odd tench, bream ,crucian carp and some carp but were not catch them as its a silver fish match.

Comment

id fish the whip to start at ten a clock, feeding just a few magots every minute or so, get into a good rhythm and you will soon have a couple of pound in the net, years ago on a local resi i won three matches on the trot with this tactic, again small perch 1oz or so, i could manage 25lb plus in a match easily won it when usualy people fished for the carp two used to win a match, i couldnt believe no one caught on (excuse the pun) easy!!

Comment

Working...
                        X