Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

bloodworm and joker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oneabung
    replied
    If it has a really big head of silvers in it then you should try to catch them loosefeeding maggot short - like at 4-5M this is the only real way to do a big weight of them, at gold valley even in the depths of winter if you fish 4M with maggot sometime its possible to do 50lb+ of silvers, really just depends on the stamp of fish you are able to catch.

If your going to fish joker then again it will depend on if there are too many small fish there, a plan we used to use at Gold was to ball it with all our joker in a heavy ish mix say with 50% leam dependant on the temperature then go on the bomb/maggot feeder for an hour or hour and a half then come in on the pole and get your head down. Feed caster over the top of the joker line and try to catch on this for the last couple of hours if possible. But it is always worth loosefeeding maggot at the 4M line as if you can get them there then you can empty it big time!

Leave a comment:

• tincatinca
    started a topic bloodworm and joker

bloodworm and joker

i`v a match cuming up,on a venue that holds a lot of silverfish`,skimmers,roach etc,and a good head of natural stocked large carp and tench,i know a lot of anglers who`s fishing will sit it out wi bomb n meat,i was wondering if i went 4 silvers wi bloodworm n joker is it possible to catch a good weight,or will i just get bit fish?
Working...
X