Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

TA matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TA matches

I've noticed that there are quite alot of members from the South Yorkshire and Chesterfield area but there are never any TA organised knock-ups. If there is enough demand it would be good to have a few matches this season. If necessary I could probably arrange the matches if nobody else could. I know a few venues where matches could be held, but I think it would be a good idea to compile two lists, one for suitable venues and one for members interested in doing matches.

Venue list:
    Aston
    Aston KJS
    Barlow
    Loxley
    Dam Flask
    Lindholme
    Candy Corner

Please suggest any suitable venues you are aware of. When there is a good list of interested members I will ask them whereabouts they live and then choose venues that are close by.

Comment

Good luck fella,hope you get to run a few..
      OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Originally posted by fordysufc View Post
        I've noticed that there are quite alot of members from the South Yorkshire and Chesterfield area but there are never any TA organised knock-ups. If there is enough demand it would be good to have a few matches this season. If necessary I could probably arrange the matches if nobody else could. I know a few venues where matches could be held, but I think it would be a good idea to compile two lists, one for suitable venues and one for members interested in doing matches.
        been there and done that mate, last match was at kiverton hall a couple of years ago, 8 turned up!
        plenty of decent venues for 20-30 peggers, lodge farm, Clearwater, ranskill, kiverton waters and many more but theres two problems, 1. you've got to find a Saturday or sunday where interested anglers aren't already committed to something and 2. you've got to be able to book a venue for that date, it's very difficult because realistically you've got to book a fishery well in advance and take the chance you'll fill the pegs or run the risk of looking a fool or being out of pocket.
        good luck.

Comment

Good luck mate the way i got the eastern matches up and running was to use venue's i know the owners of and agree to pay for only the pegs used, i also filled the matches with anglers who weren't TA members and after posting results, write up and photo's on the site they then joined the web site. After the initial year we now have about 50 anglers who will fish at least 1 match. I don't take money up front but that is one way of not being out of pocket via paypal. Now there are 5 or 6 anglers who now run a match each and so split the load because there is a lot of phone calls and organising to do.
          Steve Davies

Comment

I'd definitely be up for a few knock up's in the area and could possibly entice a few more people into fishing, even if it's just a few of us it's good to get out with other local anglers.

Could add Barnburgh, Hallcroft etc. to the list. and if its just a knock up for 1/2 a dozen you dont need to book a full lake etc....a bit of banter a few day tickets and a fish/weight count would do.

Besides, its always good taking a quid off a Blade....

Comment

Working...
            X