Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Woodlands Lakes Thirsk. Fisho O mania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodlands Lakes Thirsk. Fisho O mania

Hey up Fellas

Applied for 6 Fishos this year, only got woodlands Thirsk.
    Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on it.
    Heard there's a lot of lumps. Any information what so ever will be greatly appreciated.
    Which lakes hold what type of fish?
    Best pegs? Methods? Match weights that time of year?
    Thanks, and tight lines

all proper fish upto 15lbs all methods work well, fish to your strengths, 100lb plus but with 150 pegs 60lbs will be hell of a weight, matches can b won off most pegs

Comment

Pretty confident an end peg will win! Main methods on newer lakes (still old!) are method, loosefeeding over the top, pole shallow, sometimes waggler or paste and then margins on the end pegs. Older lakes can be pole to island or will need a method or waggler on some pegs as wider than the 16M limit! Mainly pellet with meat, corn and maggot for margins.

Comment

Properly one of the my main strengths fishing the method, so that's good. Will fill the edge in with dead maggots.
        Also is it true you can't slap or tap your pole when fishing shallow?
        Didn't think an angler like you Nathan would be handing out advice about Fisho O Venues, lol
        Did you get a ticket for Thirsk?

Comment

Hi mate you can use jigga floats,also I did ok with bomb & catty a few pellets over the top.

Comment

Ps hope for the wind into your face when you draw.
            good luck & tight lines.

Comment

End pegs have an advantage only if the wind is blowing in, you never know on there though!

Comment

Originally posted by MartinStokes View Post
                Properly one of the my main strengths fishing the method, so that's good. Will fill the edge in with dead maggots.
                Also is it true you can't slap or tap your pole when fishing shallow?
                Didn't think an angler like you Nathan would be handing out advice about Fisho O Venues, lol
                Did you get a ticket for Thirsk?

I don't have secrets, happy to tell anyone anything! No, you can't tap or slap and yes, i do have a ticket, see you there!

Comment

Originally posted by Frisky Fish View Post
                  End pegs have an advantage only if the wind is blowing in, you never know on there though!
                  Nonsense, thought you knew better than that! I'll have £1000 with ya that it's won from an end peg!?

Comment

Ha ha Nath could be a grand up even before getting to the car park at Woodlands at this rate!!! Be careful Frisky!! lol

Comment

Your right there Simon
                      But with only 150 fishing the Odds of Nathan NOT drawing an End peg will be Very Very LOW
                      If Clive Wright (former winner was fishing ) he would be on another very rare to see him on a peg with someone both sides !!
                      Colin

Comment

Haha, cheeky git!

Comment

Nathan is one of the countries best but will always give advice when asked. Top bloke. Good luck to you all.

Comment

Cheers for the advice Nathan, see you there mate. I guess you will be the one, on the end peg with the wind blowing in it, lol. Best of luck pal. Fingers Cross for a end peg (as always).

Comment

Originally posted by BIG COL View Post
                              Your right there Simon
                              But with only 150 fishing the Odds of Nathan NOT drawing an End peg will be Very Very LOW
                              If Clive Wright (former winner was fishing ) he would be on another very rare to see him on a peg with someone both sides !!
                              Love it lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X