Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Who's been out and where and how did you get on? ( a break from the bickering)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's been out and where and how did you get on? ( a break from the bickering)

Right, i'll start.....fished Barston smaller pool yesterday,absoloutely brilliant weather (tiny odd shower) great sport,caught loads of smaller F1's.

Good news......SPRING IS NEARLY HERE!!!! A good reason to be in a good mood and feeling good about the coming months!!!! Spill the beans the rest of you about your matches or pleasure sessions!!!

just been to Sainsburys with me old Mum,rock&roll or what?
    OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Lol nice one Mart...i meant fishing!!!

Comment

I did buy a slab of corn and luncheon meat,so in fact in a roundabout fashion it was fishing related....
        OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

your a ripper Martin .... Got out of bed fri morning worked the whole weekend on nites kitchen to pay for. Hope to fish nxt sat .... Be nice to get out.... Lol....

Comment

kiverton hall farm today, battled the wind for 26lb and no where, please can I have peg at some point this year where I don't have wind n rain straight in my face?
            thank you.

Comment

Fish calf heath match sat ,fished like a bloke with no arms i said this to my mate he said how did ya cast,

Comment

Stayed in bed my mukkas went after barbel on the Thames & blanked, I think they are swimming round Windsor race course, got a quid on Bertie Barbel lol. Going to Crowthorne Resi on Tuesday to fish wag & mag for the roach & hopefully on the Thames the following Tuesday after Bertie Barbel & a few chub & then the proper season is over
                John

Comment

sounds good John,some proper fishing to be fair mate.

Comment

Fished final round of the Packington Winter League today, I'm the strong one supporting all 44 anglers above me lol. However today I drew a good peg and came 3rd by just 4oz and 2lbs to 1st. Just one more good F1 needed for that elusive win.
                    I Was 2nd last week (on a bonus peg) so maybe next weekend it'll be 3rd time lucky. At least my run of bad draws has come to an end.

Comment

Good on you mate,shame as you say one more fish would have changed it for you totally Still two good results back to back and a win next week is a good run in anybody's book!!!!

Comment

Took my nipper to packington as well today,he fished the same match guesting for someone.Drew 27 on molands and really struggled,2 blades and 1 carp for 4lb 12 oz[I think].Bloke one side of him had a fish late on,6lb,the other side was dan[awesome fish]had 2 carp and 2 f1's for 17lb odd.So fish were at a premium,you needed a lump or two to get out of jail.Well done abramis,one more decent f1 and you would have won.As for me,nipper dropped off and I went back to bed,i mean it was raining,lol.

Comment

Hi Cornerstone. Peg 27 has not been very good this side of Xmas, the F1s have not Been there all winter and only the odd Carp has shown. All week Molands has fished really well and even yesterday after the hard frost it fished well, but today with the wet and windy conditions it was very hard and presentation was key to getting a bite, assuming you were in the right area.
                          White Acres and 3 Fish Os coming up next - hope my luck in the draw bag continues lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Abramis Brama View Post
                            Hi Cornerstone. Peg 27 has not been very good this side of Xmas, the F1s have not Been there all winter and only the odd Carp has shown. All week Molands has fished really well and even yesterday after the hard frost it fished well, but today with the wet and windy conditions it was very hard and presentation was key to getting a bite, assuming you were in the right area.
                            White Acres and 3 Fish Os coming up next - hope my luck in the draw bag continues lol.
                            Thanks for that info m8,at least the nipper will feel better knowing he hasn't blew a flier.To be fair danny tresigne knew the area but struggled to get a bite.He had a lump on the whistle which made his weight up,it was that kind of day.Good luck on your up coming matches.

Comment

Fished the open on Blundells on Saturday. 60 anglers on it and i drew ball 40 so i was never going to get on Trio lake where its all been happening (and always is). Decided to give peg 69 on Pine a go and it only fished its knackers off...... Had 3 swims to Start with in the deep water about 9 feet and had 2 bites in the first hour but more so had neck ache watching Alan Howarth 4 pegs to my right, fishing 19.5m on the pole and catching 1 a put in on the slope about 2m off the far bank.... Feeding 8mm pellets and using 2 6mm punched pieces of bread on the hook which in the end saw him win the match comfortably with 116lb. I was never going to be able to fish the pole at that distance without causing trouble to my back So out went the method and wang went my tip on and off for 3 hours.... Only carp to 3lb but it was great to see the rod nearly being dragged in. In the last hour i thought i would give the edge a bash against everyone saying they wernt having it down there yet, but out went my pole and under went my float and 2 carp to 8lb and a 3lb F1 came to the net.... 45.4lb i ended up with and lost my section by 4lb..... The photo on blundells match results page of Alan Howarth with a net of some of the fish he caught were actually mine.... A great days fishing in beautiful weather also helped.

Comment

Working...
                              X