Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Sensas challenge 2014!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensas challenge 2014!!

Thursday morning came and it was time to drive to the venue so i jumped in the van and started the 135 mile trip to the river. 5hours and a shed load of traffic later and i finally arrived at A SECTION were the rest of my team was waiting to greet me. Barnsley blacks had decided to practice on pegs 1-5 so i had a little catch up with them then decided to walk to B SECTION were Guss Brindal had placed team scotland to practice so it was off to the van for me to have a drive down to the ten mile bank. 10 minutes later i pulled up at C SECTION and every peg was taken so there was no guessing that this section had been tipped off as the favourite to produce fish. D D SECTION was empty so me and the FOSTERS TEAM ARMY lads decided to give it a go and i was on peg D22. First thing to do was the groundbait: 1/2 kilo sensas 3000 LAKE 1/2 kilo sensas gros gardons 2kilo mole hill soil. RIGS: jean francois 2g bodied float 4g sensas bogdan flattie. i only had 1 line and that was at 13m because at 11m there was just no depth and it was extremely snaggy. The flow here was going from right to left as C,D and E SECTION was on the opposite bank to A and B SECTION. I started off with 8 balls of groundbait and 2 balls of leam with 150mil of joker 1m up stream of my swim to maximise my killing zone. 3 hours later and the tip of my float finally sailed under and i had 1oz roach on which was verry welcome. At the end of the day i was the only catcher in the section which was worying. Later that night it was time for a beer and a TEAM discution, i phoned Matt godfrey and he told me peg A1-A2 had both blanked and A3-A4 had a skimmer each and a few roach, next on the phone was Gus brindle and he told me he had a 2lb rudd and a few roach on B23, next on the phone was Rob hewison and he confirmed what i already knew which was that they had bagged up on C section pegs C1-C8. The next practice day came and it was a 0630hrs start so we could get on C section and we decided to go on pegs C6-C10 so we could keep an eye on pegs C1-C5 which Mark downes had picked for the starlets. I kept all my tactics the same apart from stepping up my bodied float to 3g due to extra depth at the end of the day i had 2 8oz roach off peg C10, Peg C9 blanked and C8-C1 all caught well. In A SECTION A1-A2 blanked again and A3 had 35lb of bream B section was throwing up some small roach,Darren bickerton on C1 had a bite a chuck and bagged up, C2-C8 had all caught, D SECTION and E SECTION both struggled. Back to the bar for a few beers and a team talk and this is what we came up with: if you draw early A SECTION go all out with 10-20balls, B SECTION 8 balls and dont force the peg, early C SECTION 10-20balls, D section 6 balls and final E SECTION which we knew nothing about 6 balls. FINALLY THE BIG DAY 1, i drew peg A1 and as you could you imagine i was absolutley gutted because not 1 single fish had come out of that peg in the 2 practice days and it was the windyest section out of the lot. i arrived at my peg and mixed my normal SENSAS lake and gros gardons mix but ontop of that another 1kilo of SENSAS lake whith a handfull of casters and 250mil of chopped worm mixed in. I then set up a 4g,8g,10g flattie and 3g jean francois boddied float. The wind was absolutley unreal and no one seemed to have 13m of pole set up so i risked it and went for the whole 13m but i also set a spare pole up just incase i broke the one i was using. ALL IN.......... 10balls lake and gross gardons,2balls lake worm and caster,2balls 250mil joker. i had a steady match catching 1 perch 4 bream and 50 roach for 13.8.08 and a section win [smiley=uk.gif]. DAY 2 peg D25, 2oz had come off it the day before so i knew there was at least 1 fish to go for which was a good sign. I set up 4g flattie 3g jean francois. ALL IN......... 8BALLS SENSAS lake and gros gardons,2balls 100mil joker. i had a hard match catching 6 roach for 1.6.0 and a section 2nd. Back at the presentation i had people congratulating me on a great performance and everyone was saying id won it but it was just to much to take in and i had to try and stay calm which wasnt easy. WINNER!!!!!! Role on the RiverFest and soar masters.......

Is the place about 6inches deep now with all that GB!

Comment

Great read, congratulations on the win!

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Well done, excellent.
          I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
          He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

Comment

Thats an excellent win slick. Some real class anglers in that field mate so well done.
            On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Hi slick, well done on the match win, you may need to adjust your initial posting, i was next to you on Day 2, i had 2-12-0 for 2nd in section, just a minor note, not sure of your final section placing, but sure downsey will let you know if you contact him. well done again.

Comment

sorry keith my fault. 3rd in section with 1lb 6oz and 4th overall and winning on weight, Thanks mate hope to see you again.

Comment

That is an awesome result Rikki, what a win. Well done mate, for someone who has only recently been introduced to flowing water its a real giant killing. We were at Pensham that weekend as you know and as expected it was a grueller. A solitary bream was good enough to win for Ian King. See you on the bank soon Slick, congratulations.
                  Did a Ton (I was late,M6. On my way home from work.)

Comment

is that you keith??? thanks mate i was gutted about missing pensham but the £560 win made me feel a bit better ;-). see you at alverchurch on the canal mate.

Comment

Yes mate it is. Not gonna make the cut match Alvechurch as I will be away with family.
                      I fished it last week tho and its been going really well. With the colour you can catch well on the 3m line.
                      Pinkies over a little groundbait, had quite a few roach/bream hybrids and lots of Perch, gudgeon.
                      You're a marked man now slick, all the best.
                      Did a Ton (I was late,M6. On my way home from work.)

Comment

Ok mate i hope you have a nice time and i will see you on the next match hopefuly. marked man haha ;-)

Comment

Heard there was a discrepancy with the pay out, as in you allegedly didn't share your winnings with your team mates as agreed? No I in team ?

Comment

united-protest5.jpg

Oh no there at it again!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X