Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

white acres lakes info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white acres lakes info.

Hello, I'm off to the dynamite festival at the end of the month and I'm looking for any info you have, ie depths, and methods I need to prep for, thanks
    Breaming Mad

You like to jump in at the deep end when you don't know the place. You will be fishing against the countries finnest match anglers. Most lakes are up to 6ft deep but some pegs on pollawyne are 9ft. All methods work but use what you are best at. Good luck, you will enjoy it and every one will be friendly and helpful

Comment

Best think do what your good at regardless otherwise you will get batted

Comment

Originally posted by fishboy1 View Post
        Best think do what your good at regardless otherwise you will get batted
        nice one Micheal,fill the lad with confidence why don't yer,Batted????
        OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

I fished my first festival there 2 years ago and really enjoyed it and went back last year booked in for this year. You have to be realistic in your target for the festival a finish in the top 100 out of the 180 or so that fish is a good first performance. In other words don't go expecting to win the festival hope for it but if you win your section or even get a couple of seconds you will have done well. Enjoy the week don't be afraid to ask the person who was on your peg on the previous day how he did it most of the anglers will tell you. Good luck and have a great time.

Comment

Just saying what I think I got batted first 2 festivals . U will start to get use to it though

Comment

I'll be going to the dynamite festival this year for the first time - though fished a number of Milo festivals..... take a look at the White Acres web site for previous results - and there's also the Bait Tech the week before - though no pellets allowed.
              As the previous posts state - if in doubt ask..... Remember ifyou don't ask you don't get.......

Comment

its going be my first fest as well this one,
                End day bud its a holiday too So just enjoy it and Have a Great time :-)
                This be my 6th time here but 1st fest so All new bit too me!

Are be the young lad holding the Bar up,lol

Comment

As Frisky says some of the finest anglers in the country will be there, so no better place to be to improve your angling ability.
                  One important piece of advice - unless someone in your group knows Porth, I'd advise taking a visit there on the Saturday afternoon to make a mental note of the pegs without wooden platforms - then you'll know whether to take waders or not to get in the water. It also helps in seeing the dreaded and steepest slope you'll probably ever encounter with a fishing trolley - pegs 16 to 40 so you know what to expect with loading Up. Pegs 71 to 89 and you load tackle on to a boat and walk around the Dam wall.
                  Get to this venue as early as possible after the draw and don't forget anything it's a long walk back to the car park.

Comment

You off with fathead Pillay??

Comment

Not looking forward to that long walk,With my illness!

Just make sure take min amount gear

Comment

Have a word with my brother "kelkyfish2010" he is a top angler and last year won 3 matches at whiteacres in a week. Drop him a PM
                        Team DT Floats - https://www.facebook.com/groups/DT.Floats/

Team BagEm Matchbaits

Comment

Which matches did he win?

Comment

Originally posted by slappy View Post
                            Not looking forward to that long walk,With my illness!

Just make sure take min amount gear
                            James you need to draw peg 16 shortest walk but one hell of an hill to get back up, must be something like a 1 in 3.

Comment

I am nath lol, I'm just gonna enjoy we all start off somewhere lads, to me its holiday 😆
                              Breaming Mad

Comment

Working...
                              X