Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

hair rigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hair rigs

hi all,if you've got all your rigs made up.........how can you add hairs to them........without taking your hook off?
    pete

you talking match fishing or carp angling? what sort of hair .. just a line with a loop or a quick stop or band ????

If you wanted to band a pellet you could pinch a band and just nick it to act as a hair... or buy a pack of rubber hookable extended bits like the spikes for meat or small cage for paste

If carping you could thread a piece of braid through the hook eye,,, then melt it so it cannot pass then put a small silicon band up the bend and thread it and loop it

rw

Comment

all my rigs are spade end hooks...........for match fishing...........and carping with the pole.

Comment

what bait do you want to hair?

Comment

meat mainly

Comment

Just tie up some eyed hooks with hairs/quickstops/bands/lassos, you can't achieve the same presentation by hooking a band and on small hooks it's difficult to tie a braid hair to the hook bend.

Comment

all my rigs are tied straight through.............no hook lenghts

Comment

I agree, i fish loop to loop hooklength and have preston boxs full of hooks hairs types and sizes. BUT the question of what to do if you dont want to swap:

korda / korum did a meat spike... rubber shaped like a tick (acts like a barb) you hooked it and then push into the meat and its haired

Comment

will have a look on ebay

Comment

bait anchor

sorted

Comment

thanks for the replies..........gone for the bait anchors......thanks.

Comment

Just start using loop to loop hooklengths. It's so much more efficient, you don't have to use a new rig every time you get a breakage and you don't have to have as many rigs tied up which makes pole fishing a lot cheaper. Not using hooklengths is madness imo, sort it out mate!

Comment

Working...
                        X