Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Riverfest changes for 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverfest changes for 2015

It has been decided that tickets for Riverfest will No Longer be available on a 1st come 1st served basis!!
    The Draw will be done the same way as Fish o mania.
    The lottery system
    Personaly i think that is an absolutely ridiculous idea,for a number of reasons
    It will mean Anglers having to register for loads of venues ,possibly not getting any on their preffered waters
    involving more expence travelling the length & breadth of the country to venues they could stand absolutely No Chance on earth
    of qualifying,
    Dont they realise Rivers aint all the same like commies
    Dave Harrell has done a Fantastic Job in the setting up of this event & i feel realy sorry for him if it is Ruined by the Trust
    with their stupid lottery!!
    Riverfest has got people back on the Rivers even though without the Travelling it cost twice the amount of Money that it costs for Fisho mania £25 licence £25 ticket & £20 pools on the Day for Riverfest
    for 1/3rd of the Prize money
    I hope they have a change of mind between Now & then !!
    What are your thoughts Fellas ??
    Colin

I personally don't see a problem with that.the fisho mania has proved itself to be the premier event many still want to win and thats why it sells out,riverfest has already sold out on many qualifiers with limited spaces left on some qualifiers.so something has obviously been done right for entries to sell out so fast already.

Comment

Just my opinion
      Anglers have been moaning for yrs about Fish o Ticket allocation!
      Why not just print tickets & Sell them
      The BAA matches used to be 1st come 1st served never a problem
      Match this tickets as with Riverfest last year & this year did it
      Lottery draw will have an effect IMO
      so many Anglers that have fished Fish o for years are not doing so because of lottery draw
      Riverfest Aint Broke ,so Why change it ??
      Colin

Comment

The problem wasnt 1st come 1st served it was that certain people knew you could just phone up and the few that didnt ended on reserves it wasnt made common knowledge that you could phone up and book in so a bit unfair in my opinion

Comment

Spot on Steve

Comment

Yes i did hear about that Steve & agree they dropped a Clanger
            they should have let Angling press & all Forums etc know ages ago
            But they Now have 12months to Advertise how to get tickets & stick to the Original Format
            This way it allows Anglers to Budget for their matches & Hopefuly fish a qualifier on a River that is not 100s of miles away
            Lottery has proved to be a sticking point for years & it will get no Better in the Future!
            Colin

Comment

Here we go again.
              Some anglers getting multiples and others getting nowt or matches to expensive to fish and practice on.
              On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

Comment

Have you spoken to Dave Harrell about this Col? Assume from what you said this was the Angling Trust's idea, and not Dave's? I wonder what he makes of it.
                Steve

Comment

Oh dear maybe Dave wont get tickets for his own matches then!!
                  HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

were you seen that col?

Comment

I can't see any other way of doing it, if it stayed the same this year, then everyone's going to ring and the couple of people on the phones at the Trust are going to be overwelmed, plus most of us lot are just going to find the lines perminantly engaged- there has been talk of making the qualifiers bigger to cope (100pegs), but that would rule out a lot of venues, my local Evesham included.
                      Let's face it, it's only the 2nd year, and no one knew how it would develop, or certainly be as popular- remember all the negativity that came out when it was first concieved? Dig back 12 mths in the TA threads! Either way I simply see the new format as a natural evolution for something that has become massively popular, which is this day and age is a great thing.

Comment

I think col might have mentioned this in the first post but i'll say it anyway. The problem with having a lottery for riverfest tickets is that people may get venues they've never fished before and rivers aren't like commies, you can't just fish relatively generic methods, it's really important to have at least some knowledge of a river to have any success on it.

Comment

Its not the same as commies as Col says, local knowledge plays a big part. If I was entering it would be on the Thames which is my local river. If there is a problem with the Angling Trust taking the bookings why cant the organisers of each match do it for a small fee say 25/50 pence per ticket. When we had the Thames Championship , Severn Champs etc the match organised handled 100s of entries
                          John

Comment

If booking starts mid March, why not have one name one venue..you have nearly three months until the first match...Then lets say something like May 1st any unsold tickets are made available generally....After all, the present format means theorectically the first three or four matches (lets say four) could be two hundred and forty pegs sell out (total) when in actual fact there is only sixty anglers booked in.

Comment

Originally posted by rjays View Post
                              If booking starts mid March, why not have one name one venue..you have nearly three months until the first match...Then lets say something like May 1st any unsold tickets are made available generally....After all, the present format means theorectically the first three or four matches (lets say four) could be two hundred and forty pegs sell out (total) when in actual fact there is only sixty anglers booked in.
                              Totaly agree Rob, to be honest such was the success last year most qualifiers would sell out locally anyway. For example the Thames @ Medley there would be a waiting list without a doubt but as you say if not after the 1st May anyone can apply.

When you read posts by anglers who have applied for numerous tickets for Fisho & got 1 or even worse none its not a good system for the majority
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X