Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

F1s on deep venues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1s on deep venues

Evening all, I'm going to be fishing a few matches on some deep venues in the coming months, mainly for f1s.
    The lakes are between 8-12 feet deep ,I was going to target them with pellet and maggots,
    How would you feed from the start of the match and would you start short and follow the fish out?
    Many thanks,Scott
    Scottmckenzie furniture&kitchens

On most venues I know with depths like that you never really catch on the deck you tend to catch shallow. Probably best starting down the edge and then priming your shallow line. Where abouts are you fishing?

Comment

Feed balls of bait with some leam or bread crumbs mixed in with the groundbait and particles to get the bait on the deck, it is also worth setting up some rigs that get gradually shallower.

Comment

Set 3 rigs at 3.5ft 2.5ft and 1.5ft. 0.11 main line and 0.10 hooklink to a 18 hook with either single maggot or banded pellet and away you go. Small slim floats, dibbers or jigs will do and I would Start up in the water and feed your edge with whatever they prefer at the venue. At blundells we fish for the Ide and F1s up in the water with maggot at the moment and just keep alternating your rigs when they drop or come up, also chase them out a section or come in a section. Keep the bait going in regular.

Comment

Browner the lakes in question are willow and railway @ barford.
          Scottmckenzie furniture&kitchens

Comment

Tbh mate never fished them but I'm sure someone here will put you straight

Comment

I've only fished the match lake at Barford. I did start on the deck feeding hard balls of pellet, but soon went shallow. Set a few rigs up from half depth to 1ft deep. Also caught well shallow on meat.

Comment

Working...
              X