Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Sams Lake, Headcorn, Kent

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sams Lake, Headcorn, Kent

Hi guys and girls.
    Im fishing a match at Sams Lake, Headcorn, Kent on Easter Sunday.
    Can anybody give me the heads up on this one. I have never fished it before.
    So any advice, tactics, flyers etc would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks
    LES

Originally posted by Jonesy52 View Post
    Hi guys and girls.
    Im fishing a match at Sams Lake, Headcorn, Kent on Easter Sunday.
    Can anybody give me the heads up on this one. I have never fished it before.
    So any advice, tactics, flyers etc would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks
    LES
    Hi Les

What lake are you on, top or bottom ?

The top lake is very peggy

Top lake.
    Method feeder either ground bait or soaked micro pellet, try both and see what's working better, try just off of island bank into deeper water as the fish will be more comfortable there, but keep casting that method, don't just sit on it. Hook bait, hair rigged hard pellet 6mm and 8mm/corn/soft pellet. It what the fish want on the day. The times that I have been there the method has worked for me. Feed the edges and have a look 5 mins no bites come off of it, but keep feeding it,

Longish pole lift and drop, start off feeding through a toss pot with pellet/soft pellet or corn on the hook.

As for flyers top left hand side of lake before it turns to the right. right hand side middle of lake.

Bottom Lake

As you look up the lake from the car park, top left hand side and right round to the middle of the right hand bank are the better pegs in my opinion.

I would set up a pellet waggler and feed 8mm pellet over the top, have a straight bomb set up for over the top of the feed.

Method feeder to islands if you draw it, as stated above, don't sit on it ( Cast it out if it doesn't go round I two mins, I would re-bait and out again. You are building up your peg and the splash of the method attracts them and once or if they turn up there should not move onto the other pegs, fill you boots mate)

Again feed the edges, I use paste there. but that's up to you. Corn/pellet you want and feed small amounts on a regular basis, so there's always feed going through the water.

Pole 6 Meters and upwards. Feed pellet and or corn.

In both cases I feed 4mm pellets, apart from the pellet waggler.

Hook lengths on the method 0.18 and or 0.20 also try double corn on the hair rig.

Open water on the pole 0.16 straight through to a 16/14 hook.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards Steve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Vespe 6mm Side Puller Bushes

Comment

Hi Steve
      Thanks for the detailed reply.
      I drew peg 18, on the bottom lake. Just on the point of the little island, but also a cast to the the middle island.
      The rain on sunday was relentless and made comfortable fishing difficult.
      I started off on pellet feeder, to the middle island, while feeding to the nearer smaller island. In the first hour I had one carp.
      Switched to pole line, alternating between double maggot and luncheon meat. The first three fish were decent sized bream and a nice perch. The swim went dead for a while and I guessed the big boys had moved in.
      I caught regularly on the pole for the rest of the day, finishing second in the match with just over 55lb.
      I think on reflection I should have started on the pole earlier, but as I said the wind and torrential rain didn't make it that comfortable.
      The winner of the match fish peg 21 and used the method to the island for 67lb.
      Thanks again for your reply.
      Tight Lines
      LES

Comment

good result,well done...
        OFFICIAL CHAUFFER TO FAT LADS WHO CANT HOLD THERE DRINK

Comment

Good result Les, well done.

Regards Steve
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Vespe 6mm Side Puller Bushes

Comment

Working...