Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Meat banned at Lindholme

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Meat banned at Lindholme

    From Monday 13th May meat has been banned in all open matches at Lindholme Lakes. Can still be used in club matches and charity matches or when pleasure fishing.

  • #2
    Is this a case of the moaners getting their own way Tony or idiot matchmen throwing in buckets of the stuff.
    On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SPADGER View Post
      Is this a case of the moaners getting their own way Tony or idiot matchmen throwing in buckets of the stuff.
      Must be moaners because they have bait limits at linholme already.

      Comment


      • #4
        Carnt stand anglers who moan and complain if it was doing harm to fish or lakes then fair enough but they shouldn't ban it because anglers refuse to adapt and try fishing meat themselves. Anglers spend years trying to get methods right and when they eventually do people moan and they get banned.

        Comment


        • #5
          There is a thread on their facebook page. Apparently meat is starting to dominate the open matches and the owner reckons they are averaging 8 tins each x approx 30 anglers x 4 opens a week and thats around 1000 tins a week going in the lakes. So banned it in opens from Monday.

          Comment


          • #6
            That seems fair enough then, can't be good for the fish, meat just doesn't provide the vital nutrients that fish need to survive so if that's all that's going in it will quickly become a problem. Also 5 tins of meat isn't cheap which is bad news for youngsters trying to get into match fishing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TonyP View Post
              There is a thread on their facebook page. Apparently meat is starting to dominate the open matches and the owner reckons they are averaging 8 tins each x approx 30 anglers x 4 opens a week and thats around 1000 tins a week going in the lakes. So banned it in opens from Monday.
              What about 400 pleasure anglers putting 3 tins in each!! I will have to think about that 1!
              HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

              Comment


              • #8
                Obviously not selling enough overpriced pellets.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kevsmith060 View Post
                  Obviously not selling enough overpriced pellets.
                  Thats more like the reason.
                  Bike racing, match angling pensioner.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by daskin View Post
                    Thats more like the reason.
                    If there is a pellet limit,you wouldnt be surprised if it was extended or got rid of, would ya!
                    HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Roy Marlowe banned meat at the Glebe few yrs back, his point and it's proven is the fish can't digest the fatty meat so it come straight through and pollutes the water , if as stated hundreds if tins goin in not good for fish or fishery. It's his hard earned money that goes into the fishery so it's his call, I think all fisheries should have a unit limit and you choose yours baits according to what you wanna fish.
                      They all cash in pellet wise tho not just here,,,, it's a business so why not it's still a quality fishery no denying that

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Whilst were on the subject if bait going into the water. What do you fellas reckon about throwing left over bait in after matches?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mattcrowl View Post
                          Roy Marlowe banned meat at the Glebe few yrs back, his point and it's proven is the fish can't digest the fatty meat so it come straight through and pollutes the water , if as stated hundreds if tins goin in not good for fish or fishery. It's his hard earned money that goes into the fishery so it's his call, I think all fisheries should have a unit limit and you choose yours baits according to what you wanna fish.
                          They all cash in pellet wise tho not just here,,,, it's a business so why not it's still a quality fishery no denying that

                          What he said. Fish welfare MUST come first...
                          On the gathering storm comes a tall handsome man, in a dusty black coat and red right hand.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Wasn't processed meat the cause of a large algae bloom at Hayfield a few years ago, it was mostly blamed on dog meat I think.
                            I have an incidental on my left shoulder, he's always there, he's my friend.
                            He says he gives me good advice. does he ?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I can't understand why some places ban pellet and yet allow meat. Some waters by me have rules where you can't use pellet but can use meat and surely pellet is better for the fish than meat is??

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X