Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

what do i do? team fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do i do? team fishing

I am running a teams of three winter league, i am hopeful that i will get 40 teams involved, thing is i cant make up my mind how to work out the points.

Do i:

1. have three sections of 40 with 1 pt for first and 40 pts for last in section.

2.split the sections into two and score 1 pt for 1st and 20 pts for 20th.

3.split the sections into 4 smaller with ten peg sections with 1 pt for 1st and 10 pts for 10th.

What do you think.

4 smaller ten peg sections and then divide the pegs up to make the sections as fair as they can be.
    Steve Ringer
    Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

do you think that will favour the better teams too much Steve?

Comment

It depends what you want? Personally i would prefer a match with fair sections, but i appreciate the point you are making. I just think smaller sections should spread the money out as well. There will always be better pegs in every section no matter how fair you try and make it.
        Steve Ringer
        Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

Keep the sections smaller and it will also keep your teams interested. If you have a 40 peg section (whew), and a team comes nearer last than first, after a couple of bad results they will see no way back and possibly drop out. If the sections are smaller, they will think that they are still in with a shout and no doubt continue to fish the league.

On an evening series that I helped to organise last year (individual mindst), I kept the sections at 5 pegs (25 fished), on the last match there were 5 of us that could win it as there was only 2 pts between us. Made for a good series, which unfortunately, I managed to win.

Comment

Originally posted by carpmagic
            It depends what you want? Personally i would prefer a match with fair sections, but i appreciate the point you are making. I just think smaller sections should spread the money out as well. There will always be better pegs in every section no matter how fair you try and make it.
            point taken mate.

on the day i pay.

top four teams
            top six individuals
            twelve sections of ten

so the money in spread out anyway.

What i am trying to do is give a few of the smaller teams involved the chance to be successful by drawing well but still keeping it as fair as i can.last year there were three sections of 28 and the team who finished 2nd overall came back from nowhere with scores of 14 and 4 on the last two rounds.

But as the organiser i need to take into account the time it takes to firstly weigh in (beam scales) and then to work out the results.

Do you think this is possible.

Comment

have you thought about the parking at Tettenhall

Comment

Whats the parking like?

Comment

tettenhall

as far as i know,only been once you park on main rd and walk down a track through the houses,there wasn't much space

Comment

glad i asked an expert for advice then aint i...

pegs 1-19 park on car park behind peg 1.
                    pegs 20 to 60 park on the rangers car park.
                    pegs 71 to 80 park on the road and walk down a track.

There are still two places left if you want to have a go.

Comment

everybody i know is either fishing already or not that botherd

Comment

could u give me some dates when ur winter league will take place

Comment

http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/...ams_three.html

look on here scottonius

Comment

what ever you do Lee ...you know as well as i do somebody some where will say........I wouldn't have done it like that....... i love match organizers without um there would be no one to winge at.Hope its a huge success i mean that
                            In darkness we do what we can
                            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Working...
                            X