Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

luncheon meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luncheon meat

Whilest fishing a match yesterday, I nibbled a bit off a chunck off my luncheon meat to trim it a bit smaller in size.
    I noticed how very salty in tasted, this got me in to thinking if it was to salty for the fish
    (not another of my excuses for a poor result LOL )
    I think I was using either plumrose or morrisons premium luncheon meat.
    I'm now thinking that I should sorce and try the low salt spam as an alternitive.
    What are your thought and what do you use ?

john
    [IMG]http://koszog.rx8.eu/_horg/garbolino_350.jpg[/IMG]

I find the Co-op one to be the best but it might be equally salty!

Mind you in winter it can be a big advantage to add a good handfull of salt to your GB - so I wouldnt have thought it tasting salty would be a disadvantage, just wouldnt add the vinegar too it!
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

I agree John...................It is a lame excuse . I think the salt is ok, and also I'm sure I read somewhere that Vinegar makes a good 'glug' so I wouldnt rule that out either. Also try some sweet flavours such as scopex.
      It may be that the fish have just gone off meat. I think a lot of venues have now switched to maggot.

Comment

and what did you win the match with on sunday roystie?

Comment

white maggot, say no more

Comment

Working...
          X