Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

sweetcorn flavoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweetcorn flavoring

last winter our local commercial open matches were dominated by one angler using a flavoring on his corn, we were trying all of the usual flavours like csl, but nothing gave the results like he was getting. a typical match was 50lb to the secret corn and the rest of us 10 - 15 lb.
    anyone prepaired to give away last winters secrets ?

Two flavours that work well on corn for me are Pineapple or banana

Comment

Double corn works well

Comment

In winter fish/fishy type flavouors always work well. A couple of years ago, Monster Crab was the best winter additive at The Oaks.

Comment

Fruit in the summer and fish in the winter, or scopex all year round

Comment

Sometimes just colouring it can make loads of difference

Comment

scopex is the best for me.
              sensas /total angling

Comment

are you sure the guy was not fishing over just hemp and not flavouring is corn , this method in the winter produces better than average results

Comment

I agree adding a touch of red colouring helps alot on some venues, also just adding a single bronze maggot next to the corn works well for me as I think the little bit of movement can attract attention, or one real piece of corn and one Mister Staypuff floating piece as it wafts up into the carpios gob easier!
                  Simon Young
                  Admin
                  Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                  web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

black corn works well too.

Comment

this guy just turns up with one small tin of jolly green giant corn and a small pot of flavored hooker corn.He pots in two or three loose pieces of corn and fishers one flavored piece of corn over the top.his method not only works on our local but he his also taking apart some big complex waters as well ???
                      Ill keep on looking for the secret.

Comment

i use Garlic salt for every thing, Bread, Corn ,boilies, Meat and after shave... dont really catch many fish but never have a problem with vampires......
                        In darkness we do what we can
                        In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

i've tryed loads of different flavours on sweet corn and other baits and none of them seem to work, i think your just better off leaving them as it comes!
                          :D I'll fish anytime and anywhere (as you can see).:D

Comment

Working...
                          X