Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

My pole is scratching WHY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pole is scratching WHY?

Hi,

I only have bought a low price pole from my local tackle shop for about 40 quid... its a Leeda 2xl carp attack pole... i fished with it today but when i put this bit (last section) on which has the name of the pole on it etc and some colour i.e blue or summin (pole case) it seemed to be scrathcing the pole case so i didnt fish at full length as i wanted to can you help me please, is the case even meant to fit on casue it was scratching...

Gadz. The pole case you mention is the butt of the pole and allows you to use the pole at it's optimum length.Try running a cloth through the butt by pulling it through on a stout piece of string in case there's some manufacturing spoil inside.Some "scratching " will occur on any of the sections when they are joined but it's important to wipe off any dirt. I automatically wipe the male joints of my pole on my fishing trousers every time I'm assembling the pole.You should endeavour to keep the sections clean to prolong their life. There is inevitably some wear and you will find black micro dust(carbon) on your hands/fishing trousers if you follow my advice.Tight lines mate!!
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

gadz check you have'nt got any dirt or grit down the inside if so run some water down it before putting the other section into it .make sure its clean or the scratching will continue.
      TRUSTED POPLARS AC ANGLER WHO TELL'S NO LIES.

Comment

Also, if you were fishing anywhere near Bushy today check there isn't a rig down there

Comment

:d :d :d
          John - Kingfisher

Comment

No but the thing is i didnt have a clue on how to put one together as i have never used a pole and the last section was pushed over the butt not inside the butt but when i pushed it inside the but it didnt look stable at all, but maybe i am doing something very wrong...write back

Gadz

Comment

Funny Ha Ha !

very funny polepot .still dont know what happened to my rig my be the fish swallowed it thats why i weighed in more than i tought i had.

Comment

Advice

GADZ next time you buy anything from a tackle shop ie like a pole ask them to show you how to set it up im sure they would be happy to help you and give you advice .

Comment

Most modern poles are put over. If the rest of your pole is , so is the section which fits onto your butt.
                  John - Kingfisher

Comment

so if i put in a piece of cloth or something can u help me do it kingfisher. Or is there any other better ways of protecting it.

Comment

Gadz I mentioned pulling a piece of cloth through to wipe out any debree with your new pole - that would apply to any sections with grit inside - running water through was another good idea given to you . Your butt should fit inside the next section snugly - doesn't it!!?
                      Last edited by Kingfisher; 29 October 2006, 01:13 PM.
                      John - Kingfisher

Comment

you said most modern poles fit over... should the last section fit inside the butt?

Comment

Some of the cheaper poles will be put in as opposed to put over on the last section, it makes that last section a bit smaller in diameter.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Now you're confused! What locality are you posting from Gadz?
                            John - Kingfisher

Comment

What?... im saying that are you sure my pole should fit inside the butt "snugly" kingfisher. Or should the pole slide over the butt? ...

Comment

Working...
                              X