Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Livebaiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livebaiting

I have been told that livebaiting for pike in the UK has been banned.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case or not?

regards

pj

You have been mis - informed . Livebaiting is still legal in UK subject to local fisheries bylaws or club rules. No National ban is in place.
    [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

its not illegal, but me for one, finds it wrong...

why remove live fish from another venue to use somewhere else, when that pond/lake/river is full of live fish anyway for them to eat...

i stick to dead bait and lure.

Comment

One of the rules of live baiting is that you cannot take fish from one venue to another

Comment

thanks for the reply. I knew it was banned in Irelnad but wasn't sure about the UK

Cheers

pj

Comment

Originally posted by polepot
            One of the rules of live baiting is that you cannot take fish from one venue to another
            correct, but people still do it..

Comment

What do you think putting a live worm or maggot on a hook is? Technically it is using live bait. Beware all you do-gooders who believe that Livebaiting should be banned!
              [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

As far as i no its not banned but i avoid using it if i can but if i run out of deadbait then i may do it. But i always try to get enough bait for the day on the off chance ill run out.

Comment

Working...
                X