Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

bloodworm and joker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bloodworm and joker

why is bloodworm and joker banned from lots of matches and venus? these baits also seem to be fround apon but why when there is a big artical in match fishing magzine.
    :D I'll fish anytime and anywhere (as you can see).:D

It can be difficult to collect yourself and if you buy it expensive. So if someone has a ready supply or loads of cash they can buy themselves a win. Also it requires you to learn to fish with it i.e. hooks, line, floats,leam or groundbait etc. So if B&J is allowed not many anglers will fish the match because they will loose without it.

It gets banned from lots of venues because in the winter if B&J goes in its hard to catch on other baits for days after.
    Steve Davies

Comment

Originally posted by D N W

It gets banned from lots of venues because in the winter if B&J goes in its hard to catch on other baits for days after.
      why is that?

also im guessing after reading that, B&J are cracking baits to use and you will net all day long??

Comment

theres NO bait restriction at the venue im fishing saturday,,

someone get me some bloodworm

Comment

Generally B&J is banned because a lot of people are frightened of it and do not understand it, which seems un-fair to others that have taken the time and trouble to practice and learn to fish with it. From a price angle you can get enough B&J for a average club match for around £7.50, match packs vary but at some venues you can even split this, at the end of the day do you want to sit there for 5 hours freezing your balls off and spend £3.00 on a few maggots or pinkies and maybe catch, or spend £7.50 and keep busy and have a few bites on the B&J.
          As for venues not responding to other baits i have never really found this, sometimes the opposite, seems to switch the fish on to feed and have often caught well on caster over joker, or normal worm over joker, and even had someone next to me catching better on the punch when i have fed B&J.
          Take time to learn how to use it and how to understand it, it can be great fun, and make the coldest hardest day a day to remember.

Comment

what is soooo good about them?

Comment

the only problem with it is that it catches too many fish so venues become affected if over fished.

Comment

How can anyone say it's too expensive?
                @£7.50 for 1/2 a kilo plus some hook bait, this can do you for three or even four sessions. I split a pack on sunday with a mate, we caught a few and he took the rest away to use in the week, he had easily enough for two days fishing.
                If we hadn't leamed it all up i could have bubbled it up for next weekend.
                My dad went today on a stretch of canal that's solid but B-J is banned and blanked, on the free bit with worm he'd have had a few bites.

Comment

I pay £7.75 for half a kilo...dont know about sharing or taking any home though.....usually all goes in at the start.

Comment

its expensive compared to a loaf of bread

Comment

like i said..

why are these so good?

Comment

they are the most natural of baits but they are only as good as the peg you are on

Comment

yeah, basically if the fish arent at your peg, you wont catch...

also mate, why the pm question?

Comment

thanks

thanks for all your replys to my question i an very greatful
                            :D I'll fish anytime and anywhere (as you can see).:D

Comment

Working...
                            X