Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Keepnets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keepnets

I was just curious, why do some fisheries ban keepnets?

Thanks, Boilieboy.

I think it's because on commercials nowadays there are so many fish in them that a pleasure angler could catch 100's of lbs of fish, and would keep them in there all day, not just 5 hrs as is your average match length. so the answer to your question is fish welfare

Comment

A few commercials are now asking for a half time weigh in during spells of really hot weather.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

they are banned on most commercials due to fish welfare ... and more and more venues now do the weigh in to ensure nets and fish are handled correctly.... I agree with this completley but have noticed some fisheries will allow you to use your nets for pleasure fishing.. AT A PRICE or RENT YOU ONE. Smacks of double standards or greed

Comment

there is another erason. Fish theft. People can much more easily steal live fish from a keepnet at the end of a session than they can having to hide each fish they catch.
          [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

Well i am not sure about welfare...do they really care.....i have yet to see any net dip enforced isn't that welfare its just another rule. I am really starting to get fed up with all the rules this pellet that pellet no floating baits and the pellets they sell you float need i go on well i am going to......close seasons who wanted close season removed the most commercial fishery's so they have revenue all the time is that true welfare??? or greed...my answer and it is my answer is GREED some times fishery's do not credit anglers with any common sense if we are told to empty nets after 4 hours, cool do it if we are told no fish bigger than (whatever ) do it . or does it mean they may have to be around to check out the rules .....i leave you to work out your own answers on that one....ok i feel a lot better now...if i could only fish like i talk or do i fish like i talk .....rubbish lol
            In darkness we do what we can
            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Very well said mate! and oh, so so true!

Comment

The fishery owners will do everything in their power to preserve their livelihood, and I wouldn't knock them for that. If they believe that certain rules will preserve fish stocks and encourage more anglers then thats what they'll do. I just wish they would all agree what is best for everyone (fish included), and come with a common set of rules, and remove the current state of confusion.

Comment

I just wish they would all agree what is best for everyone (fish included), and come with a common set of rules, and remove the current state of confusion.

HOW TRUE

Comment

i think it's a bit unfair if you pay to go fishing for a day, and there is some one there with all the fish in there keepnet but's thats my opinion. also keep nets can spead disease.
                    :D I'll fish anytime and anywhere (as you can see).:D

Comment

Working...
                    X