Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fluoro line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluoro line

I have never used fluorocarbon line before and after listening to kieth arthur on saturday it got me thinking i am missing out on fish due to using mono has a hook length.

What is the best fluoro line to use has a hook length for carp fishing bearing in mind the cost.

Also i normaly make rigs that go straight through can this be done with fluoro line i.e. shot won't damage it.

cheers steve
    Steve Davies

Does any one use fluorocarbon line i would appreciate any info and experiences with this line good or bad.

cheers steve.
    Steve Davies

Comment

i've tried it a few times, not totally convinced about it to be honest, seems stiff, kinks easily, had a few breaks that i might not have expected for the diameter of the line.
      Just my opinion though...

Comment

Same as Tigra Rob, I have had a few breakages that I wouldn't have expected. The stuff I had wasn't stiff though, pretty soft for the diameter in fact.
        [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

I now fish comercials normaly, which make of fluoro line would you recomend for this. Also in your opinion did the fluoro line get you bites when others struggled on mono.

I also like to make rigs straight through without a hook length would you recommend this with fluoro line? Ive also heard that you can struggle to make knots due to its properties is this true?

Last of all is it worth the expense or should i stick to silstar match (or clarkes has it is now known).
          Steve Davies

Comment

Stick to Silstar mate never let me down

Comment

Most commercials are coloured enough that it doesn't matter too much. I get enough line bites to convince me that the fish don't really worry too much about seeing the line when they want to feed. Perhaps when they aren't really having it then a flurocarbon might help.

I haven't had any problems with knots personally. It was used in fly fishing initially and we all know that trout can fight well.
              [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

Working...
              X