Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Canal groundbait....again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canal groundbait....again

why did i stop using red ground bait........does color really matter
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Not one bit

Comment

Think there is alot to be said for using red GB... on alot of venues red has become a really good colour for meat a sweetcorn... and I think your question is a really valid one. I used to use red crumb all the time for bream on the Thames - it was far better than anything else and dont know why.

Of course colour matters, in Ireland we have tried loads of different mixes and colour definately makes a difference over there and it all depends on the colour of the water, the colour of the bottom and the target species - so yes I would say without a shaddow of a doubt the colour of the crumb does make some difference to the amount you catch.
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

well that was my theory so i am gonna make my move and go back to red see what happens to my catch rate the worst scenario is that i dont catch and then return to brown ....wonder if pink? i may try that to
        In darkness we do what we can
        In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Working...
        X