Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Float fishing - hope this doesnt sound THICK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float fishing - hope this doesnt sound THICK

afternoon all.

to me, a float is a float, regardless of the thickness, length and how much weight is needed to sink it.

YES, a pole float is different to a rod float, even i can see that

ive just had delivered loads of assorted floats, and 5 are extremely long im talking 10" + "waggler floats"???

can you not just use any float for any water, in any condition? i dont quite understand why anyone would fish with such a long float

waggler fishing? whats that all about, your still using a float, so why can this forms of float fishing be more effective than normal float fishing?

Please, for whoever understand this, explain it to me, but im simple terms....

On a windy day your "long" waggler floats will help sink the line out of the wind and will,also, support more weight to help you cast and remain stable in the water whilst remaining sensitive to bites.
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher
      On a windy day your "long" waggler floats will help sink the line out of the wind and will,also, support more weight to help you cast and remain stable in the water whilst remaining sensitive to bites.
      bonus.... always "hissed" me off when my float drift 20m within 2mins on the pond...

so does the length of the float, not really make an difference to the fish?

Comment

lol ....float fishing is an ART.There are many types and many situations where different floats do different jobs.... but basically there are 2 types of floats bottom end only ,,,wagglers.......top and bottom ,,,, sticks and pole floats you can of course fish a waggler on the pole but start at the beginning you give me an example of where you gonna fish... IE river 6ft deep slow moving fast.......if you want to fish pretty much to wards the edge or past the middle and i will try to tell you the way i would start to float fish on that swim...i of course do not profess to be an expert, and most of the guys on here will tell you there way because thats the way we know,,,,you must take from what i tell you what you want and still try your own way....i hope that makes sense.
        In darkness we do what we can
        In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Long wagglers are usually for deeper waters and 'shorter' wagglers are usually for shallower waters.

Well thats how i use them anyway.

Hope this helps

Comment

Long wagglers are good for beating surface tow and chop. I always keep a 12 inch long insert waggler in my box on a winder........for the canal Only needed to use it once, a couple of years back, when the waves on the canal were about 6 inches high and presenting a normal polefloat was impossible. The 12 inch float got beneath the waves and with about a foot of line laying on the bottom was just the job in horrendous conditions.

Comment

Working...
            X