Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Boiling Hemp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boiling Hemp

Ok guys,

So what do you use to boil the hemp. A Few years ago I had a small deep fat fryer, filled it with water added my hemp seed and it was done to a treat. haven't done any for a while as Ive been buying it ready cooked. So anyone got any ideas what do you use, so I can start doing my own again.

Thanks in advance.

This is the look you have when you leave it to long. This is the look you want .
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

do mine in a flask over night perfect
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

soak mine over night and cook in old pan on burner in shed. use water to mix groundbait.

Comment

Larry had heard of the flask method, think thats the way to go.

Dodge, old burner in the shed burning the midnight oil eh neighbours get a wiff of that and the boys in blue will be knocking .

><((((?>

Comment

I also use a flask, leave over night and its done to a treat. You can also use the water for groundbait has it will be cold by the morning.
          Steve Davies

Comment

Flask method works great for me also.

Comment

Originally posted by ferg
              Flask method works great for me also.
              And me!

Comment

Two four pint saucepans then drain off through an old pair of womens tights.......................sneek the tights back into the wifes draw before she notices they're gone.

Comment

Saucepan,soak it over night and then simmer for about 20mins.

Comment

boiling hemp

I soak mine overnight but flavour the water with oxo cubes then simmer for twenty mins or until most of the hemp has split. Ive tried bovril, marmite, chilli flakes, garlic powder and just about every thing out of the larder i can think of that the wife wont miss. Tight lines.

Comment

Royst, you tart something fishy about that said the missus. PMSL

4 for the flask method so far sounds good.

Bulhead, do you find this a good attractant, only thought the hemp would kick enough odour off. Anybody else flavour thier hemp ??

Do any of you freeze your left over hemp and how many times if so can it be frozen ??

><((((?>

Comment

Flask for me as well. Never tried oxo bullhead, does it work!

Comment

yeah i used to do mine in a flask, before that i used to boil in a saucepan but put a hand full in some old tights then just as the seeds open take out the tights and use these for the hook and cook the other stuff for a little while longer, i also used to put sugar into the water to give it a sweeter taste
                          Matt Smith
                          Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

Well why dont you scratch them, Flask it looks like then mate.

><((((?>

Comment

i add bi carb to mine just before the end it softens it up

Comment

Working...
                              X