Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

feeding with a pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeding with a pole

is feeding with a pole and cup legal...when you already have a pole in the water fishing.. i say it is.....but what about otherswhat you think?
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

its cheating & if u fish in any NFA organised event will get u disqualified.
    [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Its illegal. Its also illegal to cup in with a pole cup if you have any line in the water including a feeder or a bomb.

Comment

so whats the difference then fishing really close in on the pole and throwing your feed DIRECTLY on top of the float??

or have i totally gone off the rails?

Comment

The point is you cant use two rods or poles at once. Whether you have a line or a cup attached to the end is irrelevant. Thats just the way it is in the NFA rules. You can have as many set up on the bank behind you, but only use one at a time.

Comment

thats what new deep down......but i had a guy do it for 5 hours next to me......i pretty glad i battered him anyway....unless its allowed in that particular open......
            In darkness we do what we can
            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Larry next time this happens take a photo of the guy feedin with ur mobile & ask the match organiser about the rules for the match. Show him the evidence & ask for a disqualification. Most matches are fished to the NFA rules which makes this practice illegal.
              [IMG]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s213/fewbits/lfccool.gif[/IMG]

Comment

It depends where you fish. Under NFA rules it is not allowed, but I have fished the odd water where the club rules allows it. The Glebe run by Roy Marlow is one where it is allowed. Every year that I fish it with Total Fishing, there are problems as Total Fishing don't allow it but the locals are used to doing it.

Personally I don't agree with it.
                [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

I disagree with it, i have seen it done mostly when someone is fishing a tip rod and they feed the pole line. It can be amusing when they have a take on the rod and are out at 16 mts with the pole its a case of not wanting to lose the fish but don't want to damage £2000 worth of pole, it doesn't do the fish any good either.
                  Steve Davies

Comment

Working...
                  X