Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Carp fishing boilies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carp fishing boilies

what type of flavour boilies really hit carp well at this time of year?

im looking for the 1st time to use the hair rig and was also thinking about baiting up in a PVA bag pellet, gb and crushed boilie.. with a boilie on the hook, just would like to know about really hard hitting flavours

Pineapple flavour works well in cold, clear water.

Don't forget the humble maggot either. You can thread a bunch together with a needle and fine line then hair rig that.
    [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

yeah i saw that maggot tactic on sky sunday afternoon, he put a load of mags on dental floss, via a hair rig / needle and then tied then to the hair rig, he said it keeps the small fish away. very clever idea indeed...

BUT, we have a match on the marsh lake saturday and im going fishing friday and was thinking, shall i fish the marsh on 1 of our booked pegs to see how it fishes??? or shall i jsut leave well alone until saturday

Comment

On the few occasions I have fished a water close to a match day or hear of others doing it, they bag up and spoil that peg for the next day. DON'T do it! :-)
        [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

fair play... will go back to the moon lake where the bigger carp are and do my bit there.

caught ALL my carp apart from 2 on double red mag on the feeder..

think im going to use the pva bag method with boilie on the hook..

Comment

ive heard dark coloured boilies e.g chocolate are good for this tyoe of year, anyone agree or not?

Comment

boillies

Originally posted by newies_maggotts
              what type of flavour boilies really hit carp well at this time of year?

im looking for the 1st time to use the hair rig and was also thinking about baiting up in a PVA bag pellet, gb and crushed boilie.. with a boilie on the hook, just would like to know about really hard hitting flavours
              i am a fan of bio crab freezer baits in 12mm there a good boillie for anywhere anytime you get them from terry eustace tackle shop chester road birmingham if thats local to you?

Comment

about 2-3hrs away from there mate sorry...

Comment

Working...
                X