Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

fishing joker on hook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishing joker on hook

what size and make of hook is recommended

Sensas 4530 mate in 26 to 22,Gamatsku green are good as well.
    These are barbless patterns so ok for mercials.
    Roll on friday

Comment

You cant use joker on the hook...

They are too small....but if i had too try i think i would use size 16 B911....be careful though...you dont want to burst them.....lololol.

Comment

Lee get some good hooks.
        Long shank hook, small size preferable, pick a pinch of joker in between thumb and finger and pull hook gently through the joker a couple of times some will stick on hook. Then gently put it out.

Comment

Woodhouse uses joker on the hook I've seen him.
          http://www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk/

Comment

Get hold of the Fox MP01 these are by far the best joker hooks chap... they are light and nothing comes off them when fishing for roach and skimmers but you need to fish 0.08 latex or below with them and colour them black using a permanent marker.

If you are bagging on the joker then you need the Colmic 2000 in bronze.

These two hooks will improve your catch rate no end!
            Simon Young
            Admin
            Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
            web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

simon..are the MP01 the same as the MP-1B's, they are similar to the Image IM-1?
              if so then try Preston PR31's...they are a much better joker hook in my opinion,Same shape but they dont spring open or snap on the bend.

Comment

hooks for joker

i already use mp1's and pr31's its the size 28 i can't find

Comment

To be honest Steve the size 26/28's are allright but the 24's are better now because the fish seem to be a better stamp than last year round here.

What you need to do is keep your joker in water to keep them big...then what i do it put a pinch on the back of my hand and select the big ones for the hook, once you get the hang of it it's easy.

Comment

i believe they are the same hook lee.... Pollard took them to fox from image when he did his move...excellent hook i use them on cut for every thing except chop and castor
                    In darkness we do what we can
                    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

sorry Simon just had to push my nose in
                      In darkness we do what we can
                      In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

i used to use IM-1's and i still think at the time they were one of the best hooks ever made for fishing for silvers on the canal, however i dont know what happened, might have been a manufacturing change or because we are now catching more perch or a better stamp of roach, but they now seem brittle and springy compared to how they used to be.

Preston PR31's are the same shape but slightly thicker and perfect for the type of fishing on the midland canals...although a lot of very good anglers also use B590's.

Comment

Kamasan B590 my hook of choice for joker now(and bloodworm unless bagging), used to use IMI-1 but like was said earlier they have definately changed had loads snap this year so switched to B590's and think there spot on. They are a small hook so you can get away with 22's for double joker or 24 for single. Suprisingly strong had bream to 3lb on them.

Comment

I like the image IM1-b the barbless ones
                            Tacklebargains.co.uk Image
                            If you want any this is a good place

Comment

it's a shame they have no im1 hooks

Comment

Working...
                              X