Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Fishomania matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishomania matches

I have seen the dates and venues for qualifiers on other sites but not on the NFA web site. Does any one know when and how to apply for tickets.

I fancy fishing Barford lakes 18/4, woodland view 2/6, woodlands lakes 9/6, eye kettleby lakes 20/6, lindholme 4/7. Anyone else applying for tickets and what venues would you want to fish.
    Steve Davies

You will be able to apply for tickets through the NFA web site. But not until the new year at the earliest. If i remember rightly it was middle of January last year.
    Steve Ringer
    Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

ANy news on if they will be running the Fishomania veterans club again this year steve?
      Simon Young
      Admin
      Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
      web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

I'll be trying to get tickets for Barford. Fish o' Mania is one of the few big Open matches about these days.
        [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

Havent heard anything on the veterans club Simon. I would imagine they would be but who knows?
          Steve Ringer
          Carpmagic - Talk Angling UK

Comment

Yeah, who knows .... There was always a rumour that they were going to run a "Champions Match" - i.e. all you guys who have won take each other on - that would have been interesting but equally never materialised!
            Simon Young
            Admin

Comment

The application process will be taking place in the beginning of January via the NFA website (National Federation of Anglers - Welcome to NFAdirect) similar to the 2006 competition. Further details of when the application process will commence shall be announced shortly.

NFA CEO, Paul Baggaley states, “Following the success of the 2006 application process the NFA will be once again be using an online entry system to help us provide the best service to anglers. I am looking forward to the beginning of another years Fish ‘O’ Mania and wish everyone the best of luck.”

Date Venue Venue Tel

07/04/2007 Viaduct Fishery 01458 274022

14/04/2007 Witherington Farm Lakes 01722 710088

18/04/2007 Barford Lakes 01603 759624

28/04/2007 Tunnel Barn Farm 01926 842975

05/05/2007 Monk Lakes 01622 833332

12/05/2007 Browing Cudmore 01782 680919

19/05/2007 Heronbrook Fisheries 01785 613666

26/05/2007 Maver Larford 01299 829373

02/06/2007 Woodlands View 01905 620872

09/06/2007 Woodlands Lakes 01845 527099

16/06/2007 White Acres 01726 862526

20/06/2207 Eye Kettleby Lakes 01664 568288

23/06/2007 The Oaks 01845 501321

27/06/2007 Barston Lakes 01675 444890

30/06/2007 Willinghurst Fishery 01483 275048

04/07/2007 Lindholme Lakes 01427 872905
              Simon Young
              Admin

Comment

I am poised waiting to pounce, I fished 2 "virgin" venues last year Lindholme and Lake view (I think !! ) and did not trouble the scorers so will hope to get more local this year, probably with the same result though
                PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

Carpmagic, i saw you on tight lines the other week and you said you would only target venues you fancied this year rather than all of them (application permitting).

Can you let me know which ones so i can apply for the others and give myself a chance.(only joking) I wouldn't stand a chance at any but will still give it a go.
                  Steve Davies

Comment

The NFA are pleased to announce that entries to Fish ‘O’ Mania 2007 will be open from 9.00am on 10th January.

The closing date for entries will be Friday 9th February at 16.00pm.

The application process will work in the same way as the 2006 competition with entrants being required to visit the NFA website, National Federation of Anglers - Welcome to NFAdirect and follow the Fish ‘0’ Mania links to the entry page.

Once again there are 16 qualifiers with the winner of each going through to the Grand Final in Doncaster. Ticket prices will remain at the same level of £20 per venue.

Luke Riches from Matchroom states, “The Veterans Club will once again be operating this year, but due to demand for tickets, the number of guaranteed places will be reduced from eight to six.

The Veterans’ Club was a great idea to reward anglers who have supported the event over the years and we’re delighted to keep it going for Fish ’O’ Mania XIV.

There are 28 members in total – 2006 Champion Neil Machin was automatically added to the list – so the Veterans will take up a potential total of 168 of the 2,080 pegs should they take up their allocation.”

Paul Baggaley, CEO of the NFA states, “Fish ‘O’ Mania is one of the biggest competitions in angling and we will once again be expecting a large demand for tickets. As such I would advise all entrants to read the Competition Rules which detail new guidelines on ticket returns and reallocations. You will be able to find these on our website from the 10th January.”

Nigel Harhy from Barston Lakes who will be hosting the Fish ‘O ’Mania qualifier at Barston Lakes on 27 June, 2007 states, “I am really looking forward to hosting a Fish ‘O’ Mania qualifier, having fished a final myself in 2003 I am a dedicated Fish ‘O’ Mania fisherman.”
                    Simon Young
                    Admin

Comment

So which venues are you all looking to get tickets for this year??

Anyone who gets a ticket for the Viaduct a friend of mine owns a pub just up the road if you want to meet up and stay there.... BTW I am gauranteed a ticket for it since I am in the Fisho Veterans club.
                      Simon Young
                      Admin

Comment

There,s a few desperate venues on that little list,. Good luck to anyone that qualifies on em!

Comment

Everybody ready to apply for their FishoMania tickets? Registration starts tomorrow at 9am on the NFA website.....

NFA Website crashes at 9.30 I should imagine!
                          Simon Young
                          Admin

Comment

Well i've applied for 5 tickets i know i've got no chance but stranger things have happened.

The proffesional anglers should win all the qualifiers but if i draw an out and out flier and they all draw bum pegs you never no.

The only problem is that if an ordinery angler made it to the final could you take the pressure of people, cameras and interviews. My casting goes to pot has soon has more than 3 people gather behind me

Any way good luck to all that apply for tickets
                            Steve Davies

Comment

Registration is now open!

Good luck everyone getting the tickets they want!
                              Simon Young
                              Admin

Comment

Working...
                              X