Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

windy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windy

hey everyone just got off looking at bbc weather and theys 35 mph winds saturday nice hey
    sensas /total angling

Glad I'm not fishing until Sunday!!
    John - Kingfisher
    Talk Angling Senior Member
    Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

Dave, i fished a match today and the wind was bitingly cold remember to put on the thermals this weekend, also one pole got smashed today due to gusting winds so take care. Me i'm working so have a good weekend.
      Steve Davies

Comment

dont speak of high winds where i live... so im alright, + im sheltered by alot of tree where im going friday, but saturday maybe a different story

Comment

yeah but with all this rain and then high winds means trees falling down you may be more sheltered than you like if not careful
          sensas /total angling

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
            yeah but with all this rain and then high winds means trees falling down you may be more sheltered than you like if not careful
            true..

just checked the weather in my area on the bbc site and theres now 40mph winds for saturday...

JOYS....

friday still heavy rain

Comment

Wimps!

I'll be out gales, rain or shine. IF you struggle on the pole then fish a lead. Fishing in Ireland on holidays it is like that 90% of the time :-)
              [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

thats exactly what i will be doing, if to windy hit the lead, even so im on the feeder anyway...

Comment

on a canal lake can really fish straight lead
                  sensas /total angling

Comment

cant
                    sensas /total angling

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
                      on a canal lake can really fish straight lead
                      id find a way, surely there is a way?

Comment

Just use a link ledger or tiny bomb and loose feed with a catty. Cast underarm and clip up so you you hit the far bank shelf every time. Come to that IF it is allowed, you can cup your lead and bait right across during a calm spell.
                        [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

Working...
                        X