Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

carp pellet feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carp pellet feed

would it not be cheaper or better to go to your local pet shop and get some?

or is the stuff totally different than what you would buy from your tackle shop?

I buy mine in bulk, 25kg sacks, from the local animal feed merchant. In fact there are only about 3 or 4 manufacturers of pellets in the country. All of those you buy in the tackle shops are bought in from those firms and then re-bagged and re-badged. I get my pellets for £18 for the 25kg bags. I do get through a couple of bags a year though with the coaching and stuff.
    [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

thought so..

excellent what type of pellet am i looking for? and size

Comment

The choice is yours. At this time of the year I am looking at 3mm. Skreetings are one of the most popular and are what a lot of fisheries use to feed their fish and what most fish farms feed the young fish on. The fisheries that sell their 'own' pellets that you must use are nearly always Skreetings. Don't get trout pellets, they are too oily. Either carp or cold water fish pellets.

Comment

Guys in my club have latched on to Omega pellets. They can be made to sink with a pellet pump and are"stringy" enough to stay on the hook. They're available in 4,5,6 mm sizes.We buy them from a local aquarium shop.
          John - Kingfisher
          Talk Angling Senior Member
          Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

gonna pop into my localpet shop at dinner and see what they have got...

thanks guys, will report back after 1pm

Comment

Dont forget to buy yourself a pellet pump Newies as you will need one for doing your hookers up!
              Simon Young
              Admin
              Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
              web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

well, they had sod all in the pet shop..

what do i need a pump for? im only using then as feed not hook bait.

Comment

Newies, If you get expanda pellets you can soak them in water and squeeze the air out by hand but you will still get a lot of floating pellets. However, if you use a pellet pump they will all sink and pellet pumps are fairly cheap these days.

steve.
                  Steve Davies

Comment

ringers best hooker pellet now ive got my pellet pump sorted
                    sensas /total angling

Comment

Whist I have a pellet pump it is possible to remove the air from most expanders, by first soaking them till they are soft drain of the water, then place pellets in a poly bag blow up the bag like a ballon and shake the pellets in a circular motion, test that they sink if not repeat the shaking rolling bit. This method works well on the Omegas and is great if you want to use Omegas as feed.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Brian, it can be done the way you mentioned but for perfect results every time and with speed you can't beat a pellet pump. With the cost these days around £10 its well worth the expense. Even if you don't use pellets all the time, its one of those bits of kit i would't be without.
                        Steve Davies

Comment

With pellet pumps you can make all sorts of things into sinkers. Chum mixers, sugar puffs all sorts of dried cat food.

BrianG is correct of course, expanders left overnight will sink OK, fine if you are a bit more organised than I am.

Comment

well the baits im using for friday and saturday are..

fishmeal ringers gb with brown crumb
                            feed pellets
                            corn
                            red maggotts
                            tooty fruity boilies
                            soft hook pellet
                            red jelly hook pellets
                            meat

Comment

Far far too complicated newies. I would stick to to 2 or 3 baits only.

Comment

Working...
                              X