Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

short landing net section. Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short landing net section. Any good?

Hi all,
    Does anyone use one of those landing nets that have the very short detachable end section that you can slip off to tranfer the fish into the keepnet rather than lifting the whole length of the handle in the air.
    Is it a Gimmick or a very useful addition to the handle.?

Cheers,
    catch
    T.

Gimmick, bought one and found it takes longer to transfer fish and reset landing net

Comment

i dont have one like you have said but i use a short landing net handle when fishing shallow
      sensas /total angling

Comment

I used to have one (A Maver). It broke on about the 2nd time that I used it. Haven't bought one since. A gimmick if you ask me. Also, I don't see too many people using them on the bank.

Comment

Very Handy if your under your brolly, I have the maver one.

Comment

I have one, excellent for venues like rolfs, where you have to weigh and return fish over a certain size, easier than having a full pole swinging about when you're running up and down the bank

Comment

I have owned two over the years and both have not lasted the distance. They have either cracked just past the thread.

Luckily I have always carried a spare handle and have now given up on the short mugger sections unless they become super strong. I have resulted to using a take apart handle and at places like Rolf's just take off they back two sections and take to the scales.
              [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

i had a maver it broke

Comment

You could use your current handle with one of those pro logic quick releasr thingies, apparently they are up to the job.

Comment

The pro logics are great. One other thing is that once they are screwed on tight, with a pair of pliers or small spanner, it means that you don't damage the landing net thread or get the thread coming away from the carbon as has happened to me often.
                    [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

Not strong enough for a landing net especially the ally ones tend to twist under pressure have some made from stainless steel but I wouldn't use these for a landing net Ok for keep nets and other accessories.

Comment

I have used one(the proper pro logic) on my landing net for 6 months now and its fine. Its the medium size.
                        I used the have the ones you mentioned and I agree they were crap and wouldn't trust them on my landing net.
                        But the new ones are great.
                        My biggest fish lifted out with the pro logic was 11lb, which was weighed after.
                        Each to there own though I suppose

Comment

I've had no problems with pro logics at all, the medium ones, use them for everything, bank sticks, keepnets and Landing net, Many double figure fish on them.
                          [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

Working...
                          X