Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Canal Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canal Rod

Does anyone know if any of the major brands still produce a purpose built canal rod ??

Cheers

Steve

canal rod

why and wont a standard match rod do (waggler)

Comment

Have a look at the Harrsion 11'6" Match Special (www.harrisonrods.co.uk), Fox Envoy Canal Twin Tip and Normark Microlite though I cannot be sure if Normark produce a 12' version or not.

Comment

Yes the Microlites by Normark are the best rods on earth! Just expect to pay top dollar though.
        Simon Young
        Admin
        Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
        web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Thanks for the replies..............

Comment

Good to see people opting to use the rod on the canal these days. I went on the cut with the small tip rod the other week and got frowned at! Soon changed their views when I got a couple of perch a few ounces shy of the 2lb mark.

Just fancied a wonder down the River Douglas but it was unfishable so I went on the canal armed with some lobworms.

Comment

I love fishing on the K&A canal with the waggler. The rod I use is a normark microlite 2000, the 13ft model with a short 'dolly' butt to bring it down to 11ft. Any soft rod would do- drennan ultralight, map ultra 2 light, etc. I made the short butt myself from a piece of carbon and some cork. The advantage with this system is I can use the microlite at 13ft for roach on the rivers and change handles for the canal.

Comment

I managed to get a 12' crystalight last night for the right money..

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Just picked up a microlight 12' with a spliced tip aswell

I'll run the two together, then make a choice

Steve

Comment

This thread has just remimded meI have a great canal rod. An 11' 6" Silstar. I've had it a few years now but it has never been out of its bag as I fell out with canals just after I bought it.

I'm going to have to get some use out of it in the New year

Comment

I got one of those aswell, for when I used to fish Newton canal

Comment

Didn,t someone do a 6ft jobby some years ago?. winklepicker rings a bell but i may be barking up the wrong tree, I often do these days.

Comment

Originally posted by ferg
                          This thread has just remimded meI have a great canal rod. An 11' 6" Silstar. I've had it a few years now but it has never been out of its bag as I fell out with canals just after I bought it.

I'm going to have to get some use out of it in the New year
                          I remember the Silstar canal rod..............

Still got a couple of winklepickers as well, great fun with 6lb line for carp upto about 10lb, never stops bending !!!

Always finish with a grin like this...

Steve

Comment

Working...
                          X