Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

englands win at FIPS and the BBC-minister replies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• englands win at FIPS and the BBC-minister replies

re-lack of coverage by BBC when england won in 2006 and coverage in general.

Shaun Woodford, minister for broadcasting has relied to m.p. Andrew Turner, raising this matter with Tessa Jowell.
    'The Govt. wants to make sure that key sporting events are made available to all television viewers,particuarly those who cannot afford the extra cost of subscription television.This is why some events are protected by law as"Listed Events".
    ..."A listed event is one which is generally felt to have special national reasonance.It should contain an element which serves to unite the nation, a shared point on the national calender and not be solely of interest to just those who follow the sport in question.
    He then goes to mention The Communications Act2003 and amendments to the 1996 Broadcasting Act, listed events now being administered by OFCOM and that a review of that list is imminent.
    As the press statement from the NFA re-England's achievements at FIPS 2006 and all the teams represented was sent to Tessa Jowell, along wih many anglers e-mails- thanks to Waveney One and many others who bothered. I am a little perplexed as to how we do not meet the criteria mentioned? Having spoken to his office this morning i would urge anglers to lobby this minister by writing to: [email protected]
    Posted on 29.11.06 at 11:26

Well wightangler thanks for bringing that to our attention. I will certainly whack my e mail off.
    [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

cheers Waveney One, well done in your own endeavours-i think you are somewhat more eloquent than i am-and credible, angling wise, cheers wa

Comment

I try, I just wish that there were more of us about who actually took some action.
        [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

Working...
        X