Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

coloured hooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coloured hooks

what do you think about the artical in the angling times on red and blue hooks, do they work or don't they? whats your opinion?
    :D I'll fish anytime and anywhere (as you can see).:D

i only use red hooks for castor fishing.....i dont use anything else....but maybe i like the hook! its buried inside the castor so i suppose it really doesn't matter.. i used to use mustard guilt hooks 2000 years ago always caught on them. apart from that its just plain old silver or metal colored
    In darkness we do what we can
    In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

I use fine wire red coloured hooks for bj/joker. When I can get the little beggars(the b/j I mean)!!
      John - Kingfisher
      Talk Angling Senior Member
      Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

I have some white punch hooks

Comment

I mainly use silver or bronze coloured hooks but its the pattern and guage of wire that i go for. I don't do to bad in matches but i don't think the hook colour would get me any extra bites.
          Steve Davies

Comment

white hooks for punch........posh up your way polepot

Comment

Some rep brought them into the shop and Baz threw em at me . if your bread falls off you can still get bites on the bare hook

Comment

ok now you got me interested...what make are they

Comment

Someone in our last match caught a fish on a bare hook whilst plumbing up. I guess when he reads this he may well tell us what colour it was.

Comment

Seen it happen a few times Royst - myself included - on reds and silvers. Believe it or not I had a bite on a plummet this year.
                    Even when I draw a half decent peg fate conspires against me...............:(

Comment

I've certainly caught fish on bare hooks. Many a time when showing kids how the float should be shotted down, I have had a bite. Boy does that impress them!
                      [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]

Comment

I remember a match at Boddington, a guy caught on a bare hook before the match, but blanked during the match? How is that possible?

Comment

Working...
                        X