Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Clipping up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipping up

Ok guys, so youv'e made all your top kits up. What is your prefered method of clipping your hook up when not in use, and lying in wait on the pole roost.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

just put the hook in the bottom of the number 3, if it's too long spin it round a few times

Comment

What if you are fishing very shallow
      Polepot, have seen some put laggy bands on or lecy tape

><((((?>

Comment

on rare occasions i have used laccy bands, you can just wrap the rig round and hook it up on itself

Comment

Think its Drennan they sell a packet of rings assorted sizes,but if you dont want to spend any money do as you said use small laccy bands and tie knot in middle,like wings.

Comment

or use your old pole laccy

Comment

I just wrap the line round the no 2 or 3 and hook the hook on the line, If I am feeling really methodical just put a tiny laccy band round the number 2 or 3 section and slip the hook in to the band. I rarely put the hook into the end of the number 3 section as I managed to split a number 4 section by putting it into the number 3 before removing the hook (was a big hook though)
              PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

very good advise Ejayar, something we can all do mate.

><((((?>

Comment

I use pole anchors tied on just cut off the "V" bit and leave the ring part This also doubles for when shipping out with paste
                  Les
                  Garbolino Super Legion - a great pole - it is for me anyway

Comment

bait bands... millions for not very much, and small enough to be left on. and they are soft too... works a treat.

Comment

Agree with pools fodder baitbands small bands for where the top of the float is large or small for clipping up the rig just leave them on the pole makes luife dead easy

Comment

Hey P Fodder / Fred,

Bait bands cheep as chips and very effective, that sounds like a goer.

><((((?>

Comment

just let them blow in the wind and get in stress when they tangle
                          sensas /total angling

Comment

i also use my bait bands as depth markers saves me a fortune on tip exe
                            In darkness we do what we can
                            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Afternoon fellas.
                              Good idea about the bait bands I never thought about using them before.

As for marking depth I use pastel crayons from any art/crafts shop, they're only about 60p and last for donkeys
                              [URL="http://www.moopoo.net/category/fishing/"]Blog[/URL]
                              [URL="http://www.moopoo.net/calculator"]Shot Calculator[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                              X