Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

daiwa tournement pro x 16m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daiwa tournement pro x 16m

daiwa tourney pro x. Anyone got any reviews or issues with this pole
    [url]www.miraclebaits.com[/url]

I've had one since they first hit the market and I can't fault it.ive used it for silver fishing and I've used on commercials and it's never let me down.its strong, rigid and relatively light. Up to 14.5 mtrs it's just has good as the airily but not as good at 16. I've carp to 30lb on it so you know it's strong.
    Part of the all conquering inter regional winning team 2014.

Comment

ive just bought one and was wondering about the general strength of it.

Comment

ive had mine a year , only match tops with side pullers , never use more than black hydro but im sure you could go 1 grade higher easily , fantastic pole you made a great choice

Comment

Depends how you handle it. I've had double figure carp wrap mine around in shallow water and its bent like a banana no issues. My mate broke his no 6 on a brand new 2 week old one shipping out this weekend ?

Some people rate them others don't. It's what your comfortable with at the end of the day. You've bought one so something sold it to you.
          here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

Love my one to bits ! strong as an ox ,the breakages i have had have been my own fault, really easy to handle up to 14.5m
            great pole can't fault it

Comment

Originally posted by 4llsorts View Post
              ive just bought one and was wondering about the general strength of it.
              Had mine almost two years and absolutely love the Pole even though it has IMHO a design fault. The issue is that the pole Joints do tend to work loose in much less time than other poles, however you will soon learn to check the joints more often than you would otherwise.
              Tip: if fishing deep water and speed fishing for Silvers (Ireland) in and out quickly it's well worth taping the joints with a little insulation tape rearward's of your breaking down point...........if nothing else it just gives you that much needed confidence by eliminating the issue.
              To anyone considering a TPx don't let this put you off purchasing a top class pole that will last years if looked after.

Comment

cheers lads. hope to use it the weekend if the mrs dont mind

Comment

Originally posted by Abramis Brama View Post
                  The issue is that the pole Joints do tend to work loose in much less time than other poles, however you will soon learn to check the joints more often than you would otherwise.
                  I found that when i twisted the section together it eliminated this problem altogether YMMV

Comment

I've had loads of poles come apart when frequently shipping in and out even after ramming and twisting sections.

It's not just a daiwa thing so like previously said don't let it put you off
                    here carpy carpy carpy

Comment

Originally posted by Angus Campbell View Post
                      I found that when i twisted the section together it eliminated this problem altogether YMMV
                      Hi Angus - I paid a visit to the Daiwa factory Six months after my purchase and demonstrated the twist home method to the Service Manager. He then took my No 7 & 8 and rammed it home another 6mm claiming that most of us don't realise how far you can actually push the joints home (it was impressive). I was then told the design of the joints matching tapers? is the reason you rarely get joints stuck together on a Daiwa.
                      Could also account for the reason the joints do work loose over a period of a few hours.

I'm still a big big fan of the TPx such is it strength and stiffness.

Comment

[QUOTE=Abramis Brama;448906]Had mine almost two years and absolutely love the Pole even though it has IMHO a design fault. The issue is that the pole Joints do tend to work loose in much less time than other poles, however you will soon learn to check the joints more often than you would otherwise.
                        Tip: if fishing deep water and speed fishing for Silvers (Ireland) in and out quickly it's well worth taping the joints with a little insulation tape rearward's of your breaking down point...........if nothing else it just gives you that much needed confidence by eliminating the issue.

Hi AB

I Bought Whisker last year.
                        Brilliant pole n no complaints on poles performance/joints/handling etc etc.
                        However! only one design fault for me is this, ENDCAPS!!! =very very loose and its easy to lose or damage vital sections whilst taking out or putting away.
                        Anyone else had this problem or is it just me?

JWB

Comment

Working...
                        X