Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

are they worth it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are they worth it??

going to fish a lot of commercials,in the coming months,and was thinking of getting a margin pole. are they really necessary?? or can i just use my carp top kits,as normal?
    talk anglings villiage idiot:p

it depends what your fishing for mate if its for carp and a bonus lump get a margin pole ive got a pole and a margin pole and i use both at difrent times the margin pole is for a local pond near me its only a 10 pegger but theres carp to 29lb in it and it does the job fine if i was you mate just buy a middy white knuckles really good margin pole and cost about 40quid and if u dont use it sell it on

Comment

Personally, keep it simple

too much kit lying about = breakages thats me anyway, Most good poles nowdays have a good elastic rating for the top kits add to this the new age of short sections to stiffen them up and they make good allrounders
      [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

stick to a normal pole creppy dont complicate things mate
        Foul hooking king

Comment

i only used to used my margin pole for down edge hauling ie: 021/023 straight thru

Comment

U don't need 1 this time of year,as said above get 1 for when big weights r on the cards / snag fishing or proper fish in the summer.This time of year u get 20lbers out on white hydro.
            Last edited by FORDY-1; 13 December 2008, 06:33 AM.

Comment

As already said at this time of year you don't need one unless you are fishing next to a snag pit full of fish. However when it gets warmer i have used mine several times were it as won me a brown envelope fishing down the edge against snags or even at rolfs fishing up and down for the carp that with a carp pole were taking me all over the lake on the carp kit.
              Steve Davies

Comment

oh well,i have got myself a browning border marauder 6m for a tenner!!

Comment

At least with that u don't need a landing net,u can just swing em to hand.

Comment

Originally posted by fordy 1 View Post
                    at least with that u don't need a landing net,u can just swing em to hand.

lmao
                    [CENTER][URL="http://www.talkangling.co.uk/upload/blog.php?b=31&goto=next"]Life at the bottom A noobs guide (My Blog, Paul Law)[/URL][/CENTER]
                    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                    [CENTER][B][U]Carlsburg Disgorgers[/U][/B][/CENTER]
                    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                    [CENTER]Carlsburg don't make disgorgers but if the did they would be the best Disgorgers in the World.[/CENTER]
                    [CENTER] [/CENTER]
                    [CENTER] [/CENTER]

Comment

hi all
                      i have a yank n bank and un till it gose a middy hot spot but rember this poles have difernt actions and ways of striking in to fish some need a strike and some you just lift in to the fish so which ever sort your main pole is try and get a margin pole thats the same
                      both good poles which at the moment i use for most of my pole fishing esacly as loacl pond 5 to 8m there a lot of fish to be had
                      but what i would say is get one with match top3s ans power top 2s margin pole arnt just for carp
                      i use 6 preston latex in my match tops good for roach bream and carp up to mid size
                      and in the powers 16 latex for the biger stuff

thx
                      ross

Comment

Originally posted by cable mo View Post
                        hi all
                        i have a yank n bank and un till it gose a middy hot spot but rember this poles have difernt actions and ways of striking in to fish some need a strike and some you just lift in to the fish so which ever sort your main pole is try and get a margin pole thats the same
                        both good poles which at the moment i use for most of my pole fishing esacly as loacl pond 5 to 8m there a lot of fish to be had
                        but what i would say is get one with match top3s ans power top 2s margin pole arnt just for carp
                        i use 6 preston latex in my match tops good for roach bream and carp up to mid size
                        and in the powers 16 latex for the biger stuff

thx
                        ross
                        I'm confused.

Comment

me and you both mate.wished i kept my trap shut now.

Comment

prtitty elmantry stuff realy
                            so whats confuseing about it
                            if your lucky enuff to have an expenve pole then becuse its stiffer then your going to just lift the pole to hook fish
                            if you got a cheep pole then you need to strike in to the fish becuse the pole wont be as stiff in order to hit the fish and take up the flopyness of the pole

Comment

now it makes sense. im sorry i ever doubted you ross!!

Comment

Working...
                              X