Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

James maude angling club jansons fishery match pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James maude angling club jansons fishery match pool

James Maude Angling Club 1969 - 2021

Saturday 10 April 2021 JANSONS Fishery Match Pool. 5hrs.

Weather: cold overcast start to the day, with a light frost in places.

Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bred, Leeds beat City, Roger put rest to Bed.

What a fantastic day for Yorkshire’s finest, taking his first ever win with JMAC.
    Roger Summerscales and his fellow 19 James Maude Mucka’s, ventured into the heart of Belvoir and JANSONS fishery Match Pool. With midweek weights well below the norm, big weights would be hard to come by. It was decided to peg all the odd numbers from 1 to 39, so plenty of room either side of each angler. It was evident upon the arrival to our pegs no fish present, and very little topping. So the first match of the James Maude Ac season gets underway ( thanks to Boris). Great to see the lads back on the bank, as the banter continued on from last year. Anglers eagerly setting up following the very well orchestrated rolling draw, thanks to Nick Turpin Heath for his gift of collecting money’s, Hon Sec doing what comes natural after 52 years, and Billy on the draw bag.

Pegs drawn, anglers set up, Hon Sec blows for the start of the 2021 season.

The obvious signs of anglers shipping to the far bank, and the fish appeared cruising along the far bank. Top Yorkie bar none was Roger Summerscales, who fished long all day from peg 5, Roger catching from the undercut bank, switching baits from Borrowed Bread (dobbing), and white maggots, feeding very little, it was a masterclass of angling on a very tough day. Rogers total weight was 110lb - 4oz from peg 5. Well done Roger.

Second place , taking a step down the podium was Scott Dibble, pegged on 31, with 101lb - 7oz on Corn. Well done Scott.

Third place was Ian Carr pegged on 33, Ian weighed 79lb - 4. Well done Ian.

Section winners:
    Gary Summerscales 76lb - 4oz peg 11
    Dave Lilliman 67lb - 12oz peg 37
    Shaun Green 51lb - 5oz peg 27
    Sean Hanrahan 47lb - 8oz peg 9
    Well done section winners.

The results are as follows:
    Roger Summerscales 110-4 peg 5
    Scott Dibble 101-7 peg 31
    Ian Carr 79-4 peg 33
    Gary Summerscales 76-1 peg 11
    Dave Lilliman 67-12 peg 37
    Shaun Green 51-5 peg 27
    Mick Archer 51-5 peg 13
    Terry Wiggins 48-3 peg 35
    Sean Hanrahan 47-8 peg 9
    Steve Abraskji 47 peg 29
    Dave Sewell 42-10 peg 3
    Paul Skeldon 38 peg 39
    Phil Smedley 30-9 peg 23
    Kev Brown 28-11 peg 25
    Brian Cox 26-1 peg 15
    Pete Lambert 24-4 peg 21
    Alan Slack 20-9 peg 1
    Nick Heath 19-7 peg 19
    Pete Jackson 14-1 peg 17
    Billy Harrison DNW peg 7

Today’s thank you’s go to Linda for the breakfast cobs, Jeff for his shop assisting duties.
    Our weigh-in crew of Dave Lilliman, Sean Hanrahan, Billy Harrison.
    But to all the members of James Maude Ac..

Next match Saturday 17 April Portland Waters Canal Lake.

Please notify Paul Skeldon if you cannot attend this match.

Thank you for taking the time to read.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

Wheel spin at the ready.

My day at JANSONS,

Strarted on bread punch to far bank first two drops ,two carp for 6lb, next three Dobb’s saw two Roach and one Ide, take residence in my Silvers net, had fed some micro’s down to my right ( top kit + 1), few swirls and then tails appeared, that is were I got sucked in or not as my hook bait lay there with not a touch.
    I was too busy watching the Warburton master on one a bung peg 5.
    Back long saw me take four more Carp around the 2.5/3lb mark, as I was sat with the polarised glasses on due to an early morning visit from behind the clouds, the Sun shone for albeit twenty minutes, the cloud came over and mid morn the temps dropped considerably as did my catch rate, last three hours not a single fish , the downside to wearing polarised glasses,I saw loads of fish, they were swimming quickly past the bait, kept trying my edge line to no avail. The countdown was on as Hon Sec blew for the all out.

Disgusted with my performance was an understatement, a tip back saw me with a DNW, my wheel spin out the carp park was also hampered having been blocked in by other vehicles. The day may have gone horribly wrong for me, but to be back on the bank with the best set of lads any fishing club could wish for, more than makes up for a day of disaster.

So onwards and upwards, it was great to see me Mucka taking top place on the podium. Just wonder if Gary had anything say on the long ride home.

Let’s do it all again at Portland lads, looking forward to seeing you all.

Quote by, Vince Lombardi:
    “it’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get back up again”.

><((((?>

Comment

Bad luck Billy, but as my old fishing mate from way back always reckoned that you had to have a bad day, to know when it was a good one. I bet the company made it still worthwhile.

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Hi Brian, Hope you and the family are all well. Very true what you say Brian, it’s not how you fall, it’s how you get back up again. The banter certainly made up for it. Hopefully Portland will fish better. I remember fishing with Larry T Pot some years ago at Portland on the four Islands lake, it’s when Atomic Cloud had just come out, Pete mixed a bag up of the Red Cloud, the peg he fished still has the Red Cloud.

Kindest Regards to you and your family.

><((((?>

Comment

Working...
        X