Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Club Supercup round 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Supercup round 1

Hi guys,

This weekend saw my club team Clay Lane take on Woodseats Angling A and Tight Lines AC B on our home venue the New Junction canal at Barnby Dunn.

It turned out to be a hard fought contest with the venue fishing harder than we expected. It was nice and warm and had been for a few days and we opted for a groundbait and leam approach which I think we definately were over confident and managed to overfeed the pegs at the start.

At the final reckoning we ran out narrow winners with 23 points from a possible 30, Woodseats 21 and Tight Lines 15 - six of our guys out of 10 won their sections but 4 struggled in the harder areas having overfed their pegs.

I ended up 4th overall with 3lb 15oz - I have to say the guy from woodseats fished his nuts off for 3-14 on the next peg to me as he managed to catch short which I couldnt in my peg - he also caught gudgeon which I couldnt so I had to fish for small perch and roach at 9M meaning I had loads more fish but it was a really good battle! Well done lads.
    Simon Young
    Admin
    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

i got my point and a broke section good match overall though hey
    TRENT BOUND!!:D:D:D:D:):):):):D:D:D:D

Comment

Here's a picture of me fishing the match in my smart new Talk Angling Fleece...

Simon Young
      Admin

Comment

Just wait till you get you box sticker, which has arrived this morning, you will be a real Talk Anging.co.uk tart

www.polefloatsbyjasonelwell.co.uk

Comment

Yes "sponsored by myself" !!!

I am doing a deal with a local clothing company to do the fleeces, polos and seatshirts - basically they have the artwork now and people who want the clothing can post their cheque direct to them.
          Simon Young
          Admin

Comment

Thats good news my windproof fleece was left at Barston , mind you it was a bit shabby and the zip was dodgy been alright on a scarecow or tramp mind you

Comment

Thats good news my windproof fleece was left at Barston , mind you it was a bit shabby and the zip was dodgy been alright on a scarecow or tramp mind you

Comment

Working...
              X