Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Coton Cons Club Match - Gearies, Packington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coton Cons Club Match - Gearies, Packington

15 of us turned out for this match, (30th August). Me, Sumo and Canalking had been over the previous tuesday for a bit of practice . I needed to practice long casting as we knew we had got the early pegs out to the stumps.
    On the day of the match we all drew our pegs. It was the day of the knock-out final between Me and Curtains. I had previously knocked out Sumo, Strawberry Aubry and Mean Bean (Twigg).
    Curtains drew peg 8, one of the stump pegs. I drew peg 16, I hadn't got a clue where that was.
    So off we went to our pegs.
    I dropped sumo off at his peg, No. 11, then drove off to find my peg No. 16.
    I got to mine to find a silly little island right in front of me! So much for the long casting practice!!
    It was an ideal pole peg, just a shame I hadn't put my pole in my hold-all .
    I had to make do with what I had got.
    I set up my feeder, waggler and 4mtr pole.
    Big Gob, I mean Sumo, shouted the all in at 9am.
    I began with the method feeder, chucking out about 30 yards past the island on the right hand side. I was soon into a small carp. I had a couple more then i noticed carp topping to the left of the island, so i had a few chucks there too. I caught a few from there, carp, bream and skimmers.
    I was catching steady all through the match. I kept sumo informed by phone and then i could hear him keeping curtains informed by shouting to him!
    I stuck with the method all through the match.
    It soon came round to the 'all out' shout from sumo.

The first few results were:-

1st..........Sumo's wife.................31lb
    2nd.........Keith...........................27lb
    3rd..........Mark perkins.................26lb
    4th..........Andy...........................23lb
    5th..........Twigg.........................22lb 12
    6th...........Sumo.........................22lb 4
    7th...........Curtains......................20lb

House Pool - Tunnel Barn Farm next

Nice one Susie!
    HAPPY TOTTERINGHAMS DAY 15/5/2016

Comment

What a very nice report, ajoy to read on a wet thursday morning, sounds like you all had a good time, thats what angling is all about

Comment

nice one sue

Comment

well done sumo's wife 31lb a good weight off peg 16, what would you have caught with the right info? (drynetter gearies regular)
          please let me draw a flyer

Comment

well done Sue!

Comment

Working...
            X