Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Results for Staffs/Worcs Canal Bridges 8 to 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results for Staffs/Worcs Canal Bridges 8 to 9

Weather Conditions :- Dry and mild

Number Fished :- 18

Results:-

Dry, sunny, mild, no wind. How could this be an Adroit AC match? For once the weather gods had been kind, to the 18 members who turned out for this, the first match of the season.
    This stretch of canal is well known for its good head of roach and chub, and after the 'all in' it quickly became obvious that a bonus chub would be required to steal the honours. The roach did not really show, with the exception of Mick Edwards who took advantage of an end peg to put 3-7-8 of them on the scales. The final winner was Andy Peters who included a 2.5 lb chub and a 1.5 lb perch in his 4-6-8 tally, and won the bonus peg money aswell.

1st Andy Peters(Portway) 4-6-8 (chub and perch)
    2nd Dave Hughes 3-9-8 (Chub)
    3rd Mick Edwards 3-7-8 (All roach)
    4th John Rigby 3-0-8 (Chub)
    5th John Snape 2-13-8 (chub and Roach on the waggler?)
    6th Mark Causer (Markc) 2-0-0 (Chub)
    7th Jon Beasley 1-10-8 (Chub)
    8th Darren Mills(Redfin) 1-9-0 (1lb roach)
    9th Steve Harvell 1-5-0 (Chub)
    10th Roy Ravenhill 1-1-0 (Gudgeon)

Additional Info :-

Next Match Moorlands Farm on Sunday 29th April.

Added by :- Royst

Good to meet you all, busyest canal tow path I have fished for years !(who was the nutter from the god squad ).

I thought I would put in a poor performace this time around just to lull you all into a false sence of security

Comment

Dry, sunny, mild, no wind. How could this be an Adroit AC match?
      No wind? You were obviously in the sheltered section Roysty.
      When I blew the whistle to start the match, it coincided with a gale blowing on the early pegs and the arrival of the preacher on a bike
      Double caster snared my chub,they don't usually succumb to punch, proper bait for proper fish

Comment

and the arrival of the preacher on a bike

had a visit off the reverend Raleigh

Comment

Originally posted by ridgeacre
          and the arrival of the preacher on a bike

had a visit off the reverend Raleigh
          I think he was the local nutter, along with the birdwatcher guy who had been there all week watching some birds in a nest.
          I was hoping the preacher guy would change my small net of fish into enough to feed 5000......alas no joy .....I think its been done before.

Comment

Working...
          X