Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Results for Cob House Saturday Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results for Cob House Saturday Open

Weather Conditions :- Warm, sunny spells

Number Fished :- 12

Results:-

Saturday 19 September 2009 Laugherne Island Pool 12 anglers

A better turn-out this week and a great win for regular John Watson, who took an impressive 176 lb from mainly down the edge on peg 18 on pole fished pellet and corn. Method feeder with corn and pellet kept Neil McKinnon in the top three for the third week running with 140 lb from peg 15 and gary Romain used similar tactics for a third placed 117 lb from peg 24. A fourth ton-plus weight for venue record-holder Chris Cameron from peg 34.
    1st John Watson 176 - 06 Peg 18
    2nd Neil McKinnon 140 - 8 Peg 15
    3rd Gary Romain 117 - 5 Peg 24
    4th Chris Cameron 100 – 12 Peg 34

back-ups:
    89 lb, 64 lb, 60 lb, 59 lb, 53 lb, 46 lb, DNW, DNW

Additional Info :-

Sionking... what happened mate? You need to come here and practice a bit more, lol.
    Next week's Saturday Open is on prolific Wyatts Pool, maximum 20 pegs

Added by :- fish farmer

A group of us came down to fish the open on saturday with Sionking after his recommendation and I was really impressed with the venue. Caught steady all day long even though we were interupted with a 'mink' hunt ??? If you haven't been yet give it a try I'm sure you'll be impressed, I'm back there Sunday to try a different pool . Well done to Gaz R who was also a first time visitor.
    Last edited by Steve123; 28 September 2009, 12:39 PM. Reason: information

Comment

Tackle tart can avee em

Comment

Originally posted by Steve123 View Post
        A group of us came down to fish the open on saturday with Sionking after his recommendation and I was really impressed with the venue. Caught steady all day long even though we were interupted with a 'mink' hunt ??? If you haven't been yet give it a try I'm sure you'll be impressed, I'm back there Sunday to try a different pool . Well done to Gaz R who was also a first time visitor.
        Mink hunt? What's that all about then??

Thanks for the positive comments lads, glad you enjoyed it, hope to see you again. So why didn't Shaun weigh in then??
        [I][url]www.aquonix.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Sionking weighing in

Shaun is saving the best for last, he is planning on winning the winter league and showing us all up.
          Phils Tackle & I.L floats

Comment

My first time at Cob House, what a great venue. No cliques of locals / regulars whispering in huddles like you get at some opens, plenty of advice if you want it from the anglers and the staff. Also sensible prices for bait and entry fees. Also you dont take any nets with you (so you drive all the way there thinking 'ive forgot something' - which i did, my hook pellets, doh!)

The fishing is very good and a good variety of methods will catch fish.

I think i got a bit excited and chopped and changed too much, only really settling in the last 90 mins when i sorted the feeding etc out a bit.... Ill be back !

The highlight has to be the banter, particulary the fishery 'technician'. In fact so immense is this guys comedic talent, he has a quad bike to ensure all of the lake can bear witness to his merciless wit. (im exaggerating of course, no way is he a technician !)

I'm sure this will be one of the major venues in a few years time. Give it a try, you wont be disappointed.

Comment

thats it bob hes leading us in to a false sense of security well done gary (jim) your my hero!!!
              licence dodger

Comment

Originally posted by NJH View Post
                My first time at Cob House, what a great venue. No cliques of locals / regulars whispering in huddles like you get at some opens, plenty of advice if you want it from the anglers and the staff. Also sensible prices for bait and entry fees. Also you dont take any nets with you (so you drive all the way there thinking 'ive forgot something' - which i did, my hook pellets, doh!)

The fishing is very good and a good variety of methods will catch fish.

I think i got a bit excited and chopped and changed too much, only really settling in the last 90 mins when i sorted the feeding etc out a bit.... Ill be back !

The highlight has to be the banter, particulary the fishery 'technician'. In fact so immense is this guys comedic talent, he has a quad bike to ensure all of the lake can bear witness to his merciless wit. (im exaggerating of course, no way is he a technician !)

I'm sure this will be one of the major venues in a few years time. Give it a try, you wont be disappointed.
                Comedic talent, Scott?? You ain't met me yet mate, lol. His official title is 'fish farm technician' !! Although I'm sure he won't mind me saying he is really my bitch

Glad you sussed the feeding - you chuck it in, they eat it! Hope you bought some of our hook pellets as you forgot your own

Thanks for the great comments mate, hope to see you again soon Neil..er Nigel....er...Norris.....er....Nick... Wyatts Pool this sat??

Comment

Your right Dodger he had a quiet spell last year and then won 4 or 5 matches on the trot so watch out !
                  As for the hunt, your man with the badge on - John Taylor ? (wasn't he in Duran Duran) told us what all the noise was but said it was a rare occurrance

Comment

"you chuck it in, they eat it!"

Nice..... all those years at fish farming college were not wasted then!

What was the hunting party all about mid way thro the match on Saturday, do you always lay on a half time caberet ?

Comment

wot's that all about then?

Comment

Gents in flat caps and tweeds, beaters, hunting horn, pack of dogs, lots of shouting. Like a cross between a pheasant shoot and a fox hunt but no horses ? Very strange ?? All marched along the fence line of the far bank (low numbered pegs).

Anyone know what was going on ?

Comment

Alright fish farmer mate i had a bad match from start forgot me method feeders could not catch regular on pole line did catch a few chucked back about 40lb mate dont worry mate just need to learn the venue like many i go to but soon has i do beware lol ps took me 3years to crack wassell in the good old days

Comment

it screwed my margin for a good 45 mins!!

I think all they managed to find were 2 pheasants that flew over and they were gone! all fluff and bluster!
                            [URL="http://scottsfishingblog.blogspot.com/"]http://scottsfishingblog.blogspot.com/[/URL]
                            [url]http://www.oldghostbait.com/[/url]
                            [url]http://www.oldghostbait.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Lol, sorry Shaun, shouldn't kick a man when he's down - you told me you were haveing a bad run! It'll all change on laurel mate, I can sense it in me water!

Appparently, those weirdos were hunting mink! Scott forgot to tell them we had trapped three!!

Comment

Working...
                              X