Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Suffolk Water Park - 25/10/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffolk Water Park - 25/10/09

Water Temp was up on last week at 12.8C Maximum Air Temp 15.5C Minimum previous 24 hours was 10C. Wind WSW 22mph with gusts to 33ph. Air Pressure 1010 and fairly steady throughout the day. 1st Qtr Moon 48% of Full. Moonstrike prediction was 5 out of 5.

Every peg was taken on M2 today as 31 anglers turned out to fish on a very mild October day. The pegs that produced the results were the ones towards the tree lined southern part of the lake, 4 of the top 6 weights coming from that area. The weigh in was exciting as Bob Wessels weighed in 57lb 6oz and Aaron Coleman who had drawn one of the Golden Pegs (worth £400) thought that would beat him. After two more anglers weighed in the scales arrived at Aaron's peg and it was really tight. After tense scrutiny of the scales, the verdict went to Aaron by 2 ounces with only 3 more anglers to weigh in to weigh, All 3 had kept fairly quiet about what they had. The peg next to Aaron didn't weigh, the one after didn't threaten his weight but Bob Fuller put exactly one pound more than Aaron onto the scales to win the match! Hard luck Aaron but at least it is still there to win.

1st Bob Fuller, Viscount Tackle, ground bait method feeder with polony on the hook with carp to 8lb on peg 73. He also lost a fish under unusual circumstances today. Whilst playing a fish, a branch got broken off a tree and fell onto Bob's line, snapping it! Bob Weighed in 58lb 8oz
    2nd Aaron Coleman, Suffolk Water Park/Bait-Tech on peg 70 fishing 6mm soft pellet on the bottom at 13 metres over hard pellets weighed in 57lb 8oz
    3rd Bob Wessels, Nisa Waveney, on peg 67 fished casters at 3 metres and had 8 carp for 52lb 2oz which added to his roach gave a total weight of 57lb 6oz
    4th Richard Fuller, Viscount Tackle, on peg 43 fished the method to with 9 carp for a weight of 45lb 4oz
    5th Mark Airey, Bait-Tech, had 11 carp on the method from peg 42lb 13oz
    6th Richard Watson, Nisa Waveney, fished the method, lost 6 carp, broke the number 7 section on his pole, lost his landing net head when the thread pulled out of his new handle on its first outing and generally had a rubbish day. Weighed in 7 small carp and 2 skimmers for 27lb 0oz

Best Silver Fish weight, Peter Binks with 8lb 2oz .

Wednesday's Open

I don't have the sheet I am afraid but I know that 11 people fished and they were pegged from 58 to 73 fish 2 then leave 1 so that everyone had a spare peg. I understand that Jon Whitehouse won the match with 78lb on the pole from and that Dick Bagley was second with 70lb 15oz on the method from somewhere in the middle of the lake. 3rd was Darren Clarke on peg 58 with 70lb 6oz on the pole and 4th was Peter Binks with 68lb on the pole. The weights fell away after that but I believe everyone had a few fish.

There is a match on M2 Wednesday. A silver fish match Saturday and an Open Sunday both on M1. Places will be limited on Sunday as there is a match booked onto M2. Ring Richard on 07881 953310 to book in.

Saturday's match on M2 will have very few spare pegs.
    [url]http://www.fishinglessons.org.uk/[/url]
Working...
X