Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

James Maude Linden Ac @ Little John Lakes (Robin Hood)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Maude Linden Ac @ Little John Lakes (Robin Hood)

31st October 2009

Our first match of the season was at this amazing complex that is Little John Lakes fishing Maid Marion lake, so this was our return the match had been switched to the Robin Hood lake but with both laks having a similar setup it would make for an interesting days fishing. The heavy overnight rain had certainly knocked the fish off with a little colour on the water and a strong breeze greeting us on our arrival. This was our last match off the season we could not believe how quick the season had gone. With a good turn out of 22 anglers this would make a difference to the weights also, so with all subs paid and hands itching to get in the draw bag would it be Trick or Treat. A steady stream of fish were being caught most of the day, with the winds dying down and the outburts of sun, no rain it was a pleasent day for fishing, with no big weights coming up it was still a close run match with this season's man of the moment Kevin (nothing in me groundbait) Brown taking the honours once again, Kevin fished feeder tactics and caught a few carp but he switched to fishing float shallow and boosted his tally, Kevin has finished as winner of the league for the second year well done Kev. The second place was still to be fought for with Dave Sewell only 4 points ahead of Terry Wigins, But it was Dave Sewell having the treat today and Wiggy getting the trick. A good match in all with all anglers catching but some not useing the scales .
    The results are as follows:
    Peg 22 Kevin Brown 59lb-1oz League winner.
    Peg 4 Dave Sewell 43lb-8oz Runner up.
    Peg 3 John Evans 41lb-4oz
    Peg 1 Paul Skeldon 37lb-7oz
    Peg 5 Brian Cox 36lb-13oz
    Peg 15 Dave Lilliman 23lb-11oz
    Peg 7 Pete Lambert 32lb-5oz
    Peg 8 Wayne Jerram 32lb-11oz
    Peg 6 Alan Cox 23lb-11
    Peg 18 Nick Heath 17lb-10oz
    Peg 2 Terry Cheeseman 10lb-5oz
    Peg 10 Billy Harrison 9lb-10oz
    Peg 16 Ian Carr 8lb-12oz
    Peg 19 Terry Wiggins 8lb-2oz
    Peg 11 Ashley Skeldon 5lb-4oz
    Peg 23 Dean Collingham 5lb-7oz
    Peg 21 Lawrence Butcher 4lb-4oz
    Peg 17 Gary Butcher 2lb
    Peg 30 Pete Jackson DNW
    Peg ? Sean Hannaran DNW (guest)
    Peg 12 Paul Davies DNW (guest)
    Peg 9 Alan Slack DNW (guest)

So another season over, with the onset of winter time to get the light tackle out, a speacial mention to our secretary Mr Paul Skeldon for another great year of matches with the James Maude Linden Ac lads, the club has been running for nearly 40yrs which is testament to Paul passion for the club.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my reports.

Tight Lines and roll on next season.
    Regards Billy Boy :)

.`.??.??`.??.??`.? ><((((?>
    ><((((?>
    .`?.??.???`?.??.???`?.? ><((((?>

peg 24 billy - and i never want to sit there again ! would also echo your compliments to skelly, smashing bloke cheers paul. see you all 13th for a few shandy's
    Sean Hanrahan

Comment

Originally posted by thetrickytree View Post
      peg 24 billy - and i never want to sit there again ! would also echo your compliments to skelly, smashing bloke cheers paul. see you all 13th for a few shandy's
      Sean, and they told me 24 was a flyer . Yes mate we will be a better club next year with you on board as well, look forward to meeting you at the presentation night for a few shandy's my arse .

><((((?>

Comment

peg 24

i am sure peg 24 is a feeder peg, and i a flyer
        All The Best
        Richard Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by richard.brown270 View Post
          Hi Richard, yes mate you just need the right bloke in it.

Did Jacko tell you 13th November at the Linden Club 7.30pm.

Look forwad to seeing you there mate.

><((((?>

Comment

Originally posted by richard.brown270 View Post
            if i'd got a 3 grand 16mtr pole i'd av reached island all day long but as for a feeder peg mmm if you say so see you 13th chap for a drink or two
            Sean Hanrahan

Comment

Working...
            X