Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

manor farm (open)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manor farm (open)

Match Results - Saturday 21st April - Middle Pool

With nearly every peg in on Middle Pool and a strong south-east wind, the fishing presentation was made very difficult. Nevertheless, four anglers achieved 100lb plus weights with most people catching 40lb plus. Carl Jones is back to top form with a stunning 139-8 on pole and pellet at 5 metres on the deck. Matt Smith was not far behind off unfancied Peg 27, who fished waggler and pellet and showed some of the more experienced anglers the way to do it. Brian Bennett was third on pole and pellet and won his section for the fourth consecutive match.

1ST CARL JONES 139-8-0
    Maver Peg 8
    2ND MATT SMITH 125-14-0
    Talk Angling Peg 27
    3RD BRIAN BENNETT 105-14-0
    MFL Peg 3

Ended up fishing the pellet wag as a few more than normal turned up causing the pegging to be a bit tighter, this was my 2nd attempt at the pellet wag, the first was a practice last sunday, most enjoyable match for a while
    Matt Smith
    Bag'em matchbaits

well done carl (the man t beat) well done Matt good weight on the waggler showing that not always the pole needed for a good catch Nice to see benny back out on the bank doin the biz a man i have utmost respect an admiration for

Comment

well done Matt??
      to bad i didn't know you was there i was fishing the island pool peg 39 i didn't do that well (you could have give me a few tips lol) 89lb won our match?
      might come a fish a couple of opens there soon??

Comment

in all honesty 39 is a bad bad draw, there isnt many bad draws at manor farm but with every peg in that is a bad one, on a morning peple tend ro stand on 39 and collect water for pellets or throw in bread to see the carp come up for it but once you sit on it the fish seem to back off, come the middle of summer and the peg can produce big weights like any other!

i would of suggested fishing and feeding pellet at 5-6metres out and a shallow pole line at 11-13m, not sure how you fished it?
        Matt Smith
        Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

Well done matt not bad if thats truly your first go at the pellet wag!

Are you at Tunnel Barn next week on the Fisho?
          Simon Young
          Admin
          Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
          web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

it really was my first match on the wag! i had a hours worth of practice throwing a mates out after a match last weekend which was my first time! but i studied an article written by dave brittain on the net and copied the set up(had nothing to loose) but never expect to use it! till the morning of the match and everyone was saying it would fish hard with nearly every peg in! so i chucked the wag out after thje first hour and it never stopped going under had 4 fish first 4 cast for about 12lb! then the f1s moved in and i eneded up with 73 fish!

i shall enjoy learning this method i think

fished same lake sunday same amount on it but it fished its head off 12tons came out and 220lb won it! i drew a not so good end! wag didnt go so i stuck with the pole for 121lb and 87 fish, i had small fish infront of me compared to the anglers above me! i was 10th with that weight!

i applied for tunnel but i didnt get a ticket! still got my fingers crossed for making it through as a reserve for larford!
            Matt Smith
            Bag'em matchbaits

Comment

Working...
            X