Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

polepot's rolfs rumble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polepot's rolfs rumble

SECTION A

PEG No ANGLER..................WEIGHT...........POSITION
    1 Malc........................106.09...............1 3 section
    2 Larry Teapot...............53.12...............24
    3 halfounce..................192.09...............2
    4 ubat..........................69.08............... 19
    6 ridgeacre....................51.13......25
    SECTION B
    7 polepot.......................49.06..............2 7
    8 griffo.........................185.09............. ..4 section
    9 fred...........................187.12............. ..3
    10 royst...........................51.08............. 26
    11 mpo380........................84.11.............17
    .............................................558.1 4
    SECTION C
    13 dnw............................147.08............. 6 section
    14 kingfisher ......................58.08............23
    15 rive t...........................203.11............1
    19 clive............................135.10........... ..8
    20 cantdraw......................107.12............12
    ...............................................653 .01
    SECTION D
    21 cornerstone....................64.06............22
    22 leetwin............................9.00........... .30
    23 steve001......................149.04.............5 section
    26 martin b.......................144.13..............7
    27 gem...............................68.06............20
    ...............................................435 .13
    SECTION E
    28 vince..............................69.10.......... .18
    29 dave a............................89.04...........15
    30 buckskinss.......................86.02...........1 6
    31 keith.............................130.10.......... .10 section
    32 brian g............................36.06...........28
    .................................................4 12.00
    SECTION F
    34 mark c............................132.00...........9 section
    36 polebreaker.......................64.12..........2 1
    37 pete m.............................34.00..........29
    38 matt6900 ........................126.04..........11
    40 andy222...........................92.06..........14
    .................................................. 449.06

Total weight caught.......2,984lb 5oz

Match winner Rive T (aka as NOTAP) in bagging mode
    Last edited by Brian G; 29 May 2007, 07:27 PM.

well done to everyone and thanks polepot a great day at an awesome fishery... put me down if you book there again
    :cool: [I]LeeTwin[/I] :cool:
    [I]Mr 3oz number 1[/I] ><))))*>

Comment

Now for the names of those anglers Minxed today.

Larry Teapot
      Ridgeacre
      Polepot
      Royst
      Kingfisher
      Cornerstone
      Leetwin
      BrianG
      Polebreaker
      PeteM

10 more to add to the list of victims,

Well done Gem.

Comment

YOUV'E JUST BEEN

Comment

Thanks to everyone for making it a great day out, the only thing i did not enjoy, was seeing Malc flash his arse at one of the weigh ins,(not a pretty sight), oh and finally putting a face to Larry Teapot,(again not a pretty sight).
          I hope to see you all soon.

PS. D.N.W. Hope your repair doesn't cost too much (your section money should cover it)

PPS. Thanks all of you for not cheating, never heard a single Tap. (I'm glad you all finally agreed with me).
          Team Mosella Black Country

Sex is like Poker.
          If you havnt got a good partner.
          Then you better have a good Hand

Comment

It was a great day polepot cheers, it was good to finaly put a few faces to names. Well done rive t not bad for a canal angler , I don't know what you mean about repairing it. It is my invention the pole swing tip, the fish are so Embarrassed to be caught by it they come in like sheep.
            Steve Davies

Comment

What an awesome fishery! My 3rd best weight ever BUT,MINXED,winner next peg to my left and section winner next peg to my right ,OOK!!Best was putting faces to names. What a great crowd!!
              John - Kingfisher
              Talk Angling Senior Member
              Club Record Holder on Grand Union Canal Knowle:D

Comment

I also had my second biggest fish ever a 17lb 8oz mirror on the pole it was an awsome fish from an awsome fishery, if there is another match there count me in please.
                Steve Davies

Comment

And the Jinx came 13th overall

Spooky
                  [COLOR="Red"]GOT Baits you know it makes sense[/COLOR]

[url]www.gotbaits.co.uk[/url]

[[url]http://keithgandhi.blogspot.co.uk/[/url]

Comment

Looks like you all had a fantastic days fishing, so what was the winning method ... talk us though it...
                    Simon Young
                    Admin
                    Talk Angling UK fishing chat and tackle
                    web design Doncaster - Limitless Digital

Comment

Originally posted by keith
                      And the Jinx came 13th overall

Spooky
                      Well would not have exspected any other position to round the day off yesterday.

Enjoyed another good day at Rolfs finaly got home just on Midnight thanks to the 2 kind recovery drivers (just like a train had to change at the services).

Now sat awaiting the wrecker from the garage to collect the car.

Will do a proper report later.

Thanks to Neil for putting the day on and well done to everyone that went.
                      [B]MALC[/B]
                      [COLOR="Red"][B]THE JINX[/B][/COLOR]

Comment

What a day yesterday was

Keith that is WEIRD!!

Best bit for me i think was i doubled Peters weight i new id get you one day Pete but i didnt think it would be so soon!!

Many thanks for the Pound coins the lend of the landing net from Vince when mine broke. Neils cheaufer (didnt catch your name sorry ) for the net bag. Everyone for turning up and the banter. And thanks to Neil for organiseing the day despite being in agony!

Thanks Clive for takeing me to Nans after, hopefully ill make the Jinx match depending on the car etc.

I fished at 5/6 meters, they prefered GOT Baits hooker pellet today, over Rolfs feed pellet. I tried hemp but they prefered the pellet. I had a few fish, weighers and non-weighers for my total of 68lb 6oz. Chuffed with that although i wished the fish would of took to my bait sooner as everyone around me was catching and nothing was coming to me for a while! Thats fishing- you have to work at it

Fish after fish towards the end (typical!) but was still enjoyable. And good company from the guys next door.

Nice to meet some new people from the site (although i did forget some of the names ). Can there be another Rolfs Talkangling Match please?!!!

Thanks all,

Gem

[COLOR="Magenta"][B][FONT="Arial Black"]The Minx[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/GemmaD/Banners/sig2.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Polepot's Rolf's Rumble.
                          Rolf's Lake. Holton. Oxfordshire.
                          Thursday 24th May 2007.

Well today was the day of Neil McMurran aka polepot's TalkAngling match at Rolf's Lake and by 9·30am the car-park had filled up as the 30 anglers booked in for the day arrived for the draw. With the sun beating out of a clear blue sky it promised to be a warm one and it was good to see Rolf himself in attendance as he had recently been into hospital.

As always these internet matches provide the opportunity to put faces to names normally only seen on computer screens, and invariably the banter flows and little side bets are made.

Malc's daughter Gemma has recently got back into fishing and already beaten a few good anglers leading to her being christened "The Minx" and a Minxed List has been published on a couple of websites detailing those anglers she's beaten. We had a £1 sidebet on the day, but I must admit to having an ominous feeling that this could be the day I was added to the list after all the banter that had been flowing in the past couple of weeks.

Into the drawbag and peg37 stuck to my hand, not a bad draw normally on the little lake and as i made my way down there I saw that Mark C had 34, a noted flyer in the corner. 35 was vacant, on 36 I had polebreaker for company and on 38 matt6900 while further round on 40 was andy222 who had the misfortune to have Malc(The Jinx)Doyle for company on peg 1.

Setting up I was a little disapointed to have anglers on pegs either side as the pegs are reasonably tight leaving me without an option of a margin peg as such as there is little or no cover on the bankside there. I set up for just 2 lines, 1 at 12mtrs and 1 at 7mtrs, both hard on the deck with a spare rig for up in the water should it be needed.

11·30am and the all in saw me feed a large pot of Rolf's feed pellets on both lines and ithen went out at 12mtrs with a GOT 11mm soft hooker. The float just sailed away and I was obviously attached to one of the resident carp. However Malc and Rolf walked past and after a bit of encouragement for Malc the rig came sailing back with just a scale attached.

There then followed 3hrs of absolute frustration as I was plagued by hordes of silvers. It didn't matter what I put on the hook, Corn, Meat, Paste or Pellet in either 6 or 11mm, I couldn't buy a bite from a Carp.

Looking to my right I could see Mark C steadily putting a decent bag together from 34 alternating between the pole and feeder and even polebreaker was nicking a few.........

Andy over on 40 was plugging on and sneaking the odd one or two out and looking forward to a better day than he'd had on a previous visit when is was unprepared for the strength and fighting power of the Rolf's Carp..........

Malc was having yet more trouble getting to grips with Red Hydro and was having to do his best "Matt Nutt" impression in order to land some of the Carp, but at least he was catching which was more than I was managing ..........

While over towards pegs 8 and 9 Fred and Griffo could be seen having a right old ding dong, both obviously heading towards what would prove to be decent bags ..........

Next door on 38 matt6900 had managed to get a reasonable Tench from his margin peg to his left and finally managed to get amongst a few lumps during the final couple of hours despite loosing one landing net head and breaking another ..............

While tucked away over in the opposite corner on peg3 Halfounce was making hay and quietly slipping more than a few fish into the net...............

For my part, I finally managed an 11lb weigher and 3 smaller Carp, but it just didn't happen, despite lashing the bait in I just couldn't feed off the silvers and I finished the match with just 34lbs to show for my efforts.

Rive T took the honours on the day with a fine Double Ton weighing 203lbs 11ozs, a bit of a change from his usual catches from canals. Halfounce ended up in 2nd place with 192lbs 09ozs while Fred came out just ahead in his peg to peg battle with Griffo with 187lbs 12ozs to 185lbs 09ozs.

Gemma managed 68lbs 06ozs to double my weight and take my £1 as well as add my scalp along with 9 others to "The Minxed List"

So finally a big THANK YOU to Neil for organising a most enjoyable day in good company. Hopefully we'll be able to do it again in the not to distant future.
                          I'm back at Rolf's next Saturday on the 1st round of Malc's Jinx Series, hopefully I'll be able to avoid those silvers and find a few more carp then.
                          Last edited by Gem; 25 May 2007, 06:41 PM.
                          [COLOR=blue][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_big.gif[/IMG] "Minxed" to the max.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_shock.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
                          [URL="http://petermorton1.xanga.com/"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Click this link to read "My Fishing Diaries"[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

Comment

Many thanks to Niel for organising the match and thanks to Rolf for putting it on despite his recent illness.
                            Struggled a bit myself, but it was good to see everyone else catching a few. Well done to Rive t and Halfounce a couple of excellent weights. I understand that was Halfounces first ton....not a bad way to break through the barrier.
                            Nice write up and photos Pete.
                            Thanks to all for making it another enjoyable day.
                            See you soon,
                            Royst.

Comment

Rolf's Rumble

Just like to say thanks to Polepot and all that made me welcome, especially as I was a Rolfs virgin. It was good to beat Mark C and Royst perhaps they will stop taking the p*##, now. Who ever took a photo of me stop using a wide angle lens I'm not that fat.
                              A quick message to Mark C as you were on a flyer, keep it simple and stop all the theory stuff. Corn over Rolf's Pellet !

Hope to get invited again and hopefully not end up minx'd.

Comment

Working...
                              X