Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Jinx Match 3 Holly Farm 14/7/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jinx Match 3 Holly Farm 14/7/07

Saturday 14th July 2007 Jinx Match 3
    Holly Farm (Gils) Fish 1:15 till 6:15pm

After a few years of not fishing Holly Farm in Leic due to moving away, we returned yesterday for the 3rd Jinx match 2007. Hassle with the car meant that Nick kindly gave us a lift to Holly Farm as with no brakes, our cars going nowhere. Thanks Nick

Great to see how much better Holly Farm looks now- Del & Rite the owners have done a brilliant job of renovating the site to what it is now. Cracking job has been done to cater for many anglers for, well laid out tackle department, nice scenery with reeds, trees and bushes and a friendly family run business.

It had been about 4/5yrs since me and dad had fished Holly Farm. I drew Peg 30, stuck to my guns (ok so I probably would of done better had I not been so stubborn!) and fished at 3/4metres. There was a strong wind and I couldn’t hold the pole at 6mtrs even (must get to the gym!) so I stayed at 3/4mtrs.

I hadn’t had a bite for about half hour- knowing how Holly Farm used to fish, I thought something’s changed majorly- fish had wised up to being caught! I tried all baits I had with me- Meat, Paste and Pellets. I was feeding Holly Farm Feed Pellets and riddled meat (of which I riddled whilst watching Kevin & Perry Go Large the night before!)

After chatting with Nick he could only get a bite on Caster, I didn’t have any (to expensive for me!) so Nick kindly gave me a handful.

Thankfully I had a couple of bites on Caster, which gave me 1 perch and 1 roach. I done what I wanted…. Caught at least 1 fish.

I got frustrated easily yesterday so I had a few walks to see what others were doing. It was fishing quite patchy for most, with a few anglers catching more frequent.

We had a day free of rain (thank gawd)- so at least the sun shined even if the fish didn’t for some anglers.

It was very frustrating- I tried to stick at it but it just wasn’t happening so I gave up with about 2hours to go and went and had something to eat, seeing how everyone was doing. It seemed I had more than a few people, of which I was surprised but they were sticking at it hoping something would come along soon.

After food (of which Dave kindly brought me) I went back and tried again. I could see fish on the far side (which most anglers were fishing shallow), Nick next to me was fishing long and shallow and asked if I wanted to use his pole. I declined, which now thinking about it trying it wouldn’t of hurt to try it. I’m not confident fishing at 14mtrs, have tried dads a while ago and it was way to heavy for me, since then its put me off. I can be really stubborn at times, wonder who I get that from!

Nothing was happening, so I went watching a couple of guys catching. Walking along I had a good idea that Nick W, Dave M, Nick J, Simon (guest) and Matt were all way ahead of the rest of us! Fair play to them for having a few. The majority were catching in-frequent or nothing at all. that’s the way fishing goes- you never know what your going to get because fish swim!

Onto the weigh-in, which I will apologise for now, I wrote out the sections wrong ( Dad gave me the instructions wrong!). So those of you who had a look at the sheets might of thought ‘blew out’, you actually might not of after dad rectified my wrong doings! Sorry guys.

Lost all my pound bets! Bet you wished you hadn’t of chickened out of the bet Paul! Some you win some you loose in the words of Arnie.... Ill be back!

Nothing else to say, except if it hadn’t of been company of the Jinx guys then I would have been REALLY bored! Top friendly guys always have a natter and a laugh.

Didnt take pictures unfortunatly- left the camera in the car then was getting confused with many numbers!

Onto some of the results (dad will sort the pairs etc soon)

1st…… Nick Williams……………………... 52lb 5oz……..…. Peg 29
    2nd….…Simon Mound (guest)………… 43lb 15oz…..….. Peg 21
    3rd…… Antony Haywood………………… 41lb 5oz…..…… Peg 15
    4th…… Roy Ravenhill……………………… 37lb 5oz..……… Peg 3
    5th... Dave Moore...................... 28lb 12oz...... Peg 26
    6th…… Matt Nutt…………………………… 24lb 3oz……..… Peg 19
    7th…… Eric Robathan……………………… 23lb 14oz……… Peg 1
    8th…… Brian Bevan………………………… 15lb 13oz……… Peg 12
    9th…… Paul Roberts……………………….. 12lb 15oz………. Peg 17
    10th…… Mark Causer……………………….. 11lb 9oz……….. Peg 2
    11th….. Nick Jones………………………….. 10lb 7oz……….. Peg 23
    12th….. Keith Ashby………………………… 8lb 9oz………… Peg 22
    13th….. Malc Doyle…………………………. 6lb 12oz………. Peg 20
    14th….. Peter Morton……………………… 6lb 6oz……….. Peg 7
    15th….. Kev Lake…………………………… 5lb 10oz……….. Peg 24
    16th….. Mark Lake…………………………. 4lb 2oz…..…….Peg 10
    16th….. Geoff Eggison……………………. 4lb 2oz……….. Peg 6
    18th….. Steve Wilson……………………… 3lb 15oz…….. Peg 18
    19th….. Dave Ashby………………………… 1lb 12oz………. Peg 5
    20th….. Gemma Doyle……………………….. 4oz…………… Peg 30
    21st….. Simon Rowley……………………….. 1oz…………… Peg 16

Nick- Watkins-Price………………………… DNW…………Peg 8
    Clive Pritchard……………………………… DNW…………. Peg 14

<EDITED> I forgot a name!
    Last edited by Gem; 15 July 2007, 10:29 PM.
    [COLOR="Magenta"][B][FONT="Arial Black"]The Minx[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/GemmaD/Banners/sig2.gif[/IMG]

Nice write up GEM. Strange place, the fish seem to be shoaled up with some areas fishing very poorly. Still, it never rained, and we had a good time. I was lucky enough to be on a few fish so had a good day all round.

Comment

Gem, I think you will find the word is LAZY, not stubborn
      well done on catching anyway

Comment

I wont deny that Neil!

A mistake was noticed on MDs (forgot someone- doh) so have amended here aswel
        [COLOR="Magenta"][B][FONT="Arial Black"]The Minx[/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/GemmaD/Banners/sig2.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Nice report Gem. I at least avoided being "Minxed" but was well & truly "Ericed & Roysted"

Comment

glad theres no rogers fishing then i bet
            In darkness we do what we can
            In daylight we're oblivion

Comment

Mark,
              It looked like the three of you were having your own private TalkAngling match down at the end on pegs 1,2 & 3.
              Just unlucky for you that you ended up as the meat in the sandwich.

[COLOR=blue][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_big.gif[/IMG] "Minxed" to the max.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/pnm123/Smileys/icon_smile_shock.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
              [URL="http://petermorton1.xanga.com/"][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Click this link to read "My Fishing Diaries"[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL]

Comment

Working...
              X