Announcement

Collapse

Not logged in, registered users

If you are fed up with seeing lots of adverts on Talk Angling, the way to get rid of them is REGISTER HERE as a member and then 95% of the adverts on the site will go away!
See more
See less

Yardley ExServicmens - Bidford & Marlcliff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yardley ExServicmens - Bidford & Marlcliff

The club fished it's pen-ultimate match of the year on a gin clear River Avon at Bidford sections 1&2 and Marlcliff A.

Poor pegging (numpties want shooting) saw some low weights in parts, but somebodies got to do it.

Match winner Keith Jones put together a bag of bits on the stick float and maggot.

1st - K Jones - 6lb 3oz
    2nd - K Nall - 5lb 8oz
    3rd - S Wallace - 2lb 11oz

How many fished?

Comment

19 fished, daz why didn't you walk across the river and fish the other side?? that chub i lost when you was behind me was a killer,and what about bill brown again why do we add him to the pairs when he s of with 20mins to go and he had fish and he was my partner t----r a word at he A.G.M think

Comment

I'll try again (first attempt failed )

19 turned out.

Despite being told other wise, the pegger outers only put 8 in Bidford (there were at least 13 fishable pegs there and they left the noted Barbel pegs out ) and put the rest in the shallow (you could see the bottom all the way across ) but easier to fish pegs in Marlcliff).

Is this where fishing carp ponds leaves you at a dissadvantge? On these the pegs are generally even, but on a river you have to have a bit of 'Water Craft' and experience to know what you are doing.

The question therefor is - Are commersials killing the art of 'Water Craft'? - what do you think?

Comment

Hi Redfin, I cant say that I agree that commercials are killing water craft, you see too many good and consistant anglers on commercials that have obviousley got their methods tuned to suit the commercial type of venue for that to be the case.

I do agree that we may be losing certain skills that are only needed on running water, most of us would have to admit to being a bit rusty running a stick float down a glide or long trotting down stream or even just reading those drop back feeder bites on fast flowing water, simply because most of us don't do it often enough to keep in tune with it.
          PB Pike just over 17lb

Best match weight 150lb 9oz :)

Comment

Eric, dont get me wrong, I totally agree that you need to know what your doing on a commercial.

All I'm saying is that because they are designed to be 'fair' it doesn't take much intelligence to peg one out - if people generally fish these, when the go on a river, or cut for that matter, they think they can bag a peg in anywhere without thinking about it!

Comment

All I'm saying is that because they are designed to be 'fair' it doesn't take much intelligence to peg one out - if people generally fish these, when the go on a river, or cut for that matter, they think they can bag a peg in anywhere without thinking about it!

Same in our club, twice this year we where told to put certain pegs in but did they, no chance then moaned about the weights

Comment

Working...
              X